A fact about you

MysteryKnitter

Re: A fact about you

Post by MysteryKnitter »

Hi!
Long time no see. I dare to say it out loud. I am just a short woman from a country called Finland. Knitting, reading, surfing online, writing and needlepoint are the things I like.
Best: MK
Caty

Post by Caty »

MysteryKnitter wrote:Hi!
Long time no see. I dare to say it out loud. I am just a short woman from a country called Finland. Knitting, reading, surfing online, writing and needlepoint are the things I like.
Welcome back, MysteryKnitter!
There has not so much changed, you'll be at home again in no time ;) :D
"No matter how hard the past,
you can always begin again.
"

(Buddha)
EileenR

Post by EileenR »

This seems a good thread for newbies :) So a few of facts about me -

* I live at the bottom of the world in New Zealand and am a very proud Kiwi.
* I'm exceedingly nerdy and happily so.
* I celebrated my 4th year as a volunteer at the Auckland Zoo this week.
* I have Meniers Disease which is an inner ear disorder so have pretty poor hearing on my right side.
* I'm a writer.
* I have a Chihuahua/Terrier mix called Phantom who rules the house and is currently lying across my laptop cable, trying to understand why I'm tapping at it's keys when I could, instead, be rubbing her tummy.

That's me in a nutshell really - a Kiwi gal who loves comics and animals, who can usually be found working away at her laptop which her furry companion by her feet, ignoring people talking to her on her right side ;) Oh and I really like RDA.....but I thought that was probably a given...
bftlovesRDA

Post by bftlovesRDA »

MysteryKnitter wrote:Hi!

Welcome back, Mystery Knitter. I like your screen name. Glad you have so many hobbies and welcome here to you in Finland. I live in the Southeast part of the US so I am a Southern girl as they say. Glad you are "back" and hope to see you around the forum a lot. :D :D :D
B
bftlovesRDA

Post by bftlovesRDA »

EileenR wrote:This seems a good thread for newbies :) So a few of facts about me -

* I live at the bottom of the world in New Zealand and am a very proud Kiwi.
* I'm exceedingly nerdy and happily so.
* I celebrated my 4th year as a volunteer at the Auckland Zoo this week.
* I have Meniers Disease which is an inner ear disorder so have pretty poor hearing on my right side.
* I'm a writer.
* I have a Chihuahua/Terrier mix called Phantom who rules the house and is currently lying across my laptop cable, trying to understand why I'm tapping at it's keys when I could, instead, be rubbing her tummy.

That's me in a nutshell really - a Kiwi gal who loves comics and animals, who can usually be found working away at her laptop which her furry companion by her feet, ignoring people talking to her on her right side ;) Oh and I really like RDA.....but I thought that was probably a given...
Hi, Eileen - love your summary of who you are and a few facts about you! Love your doggie photo too. Glad you are a volunteer at the Auckland Zoo and that you are a proud Kiwi! I didn't know much about New Zealand until RDA attended the Armageddon Expo and got to see some postings from that. I have heard that New Zealand is just a beautiful country and now I know that to be true for sure.

P.S. I know something about Meniers disease since my sister in law also has it. NOT FUN! Blessings to you as you deal with that condition.

Thanks again for sharing about yourself. Glad you are here! Enjoy your time here and see you around the forum.. :D :D
B
cmbj67

Post by cmbj67 »

Welcome back MysteryKnitter. I like knitting, reading and needlepointand too, but I only have time for surfing online. :D

Welcome to you too EileenR. Thanks for sharing facts about you. :D

See you around ;)
Claudia
MysteryKnitter

Post by MysteryKnitter »

I live in a country called Finland. It's far away from you all.
bftlovesRDA

Post by bftlovesRDA »

MysteryKnitter wrote:I live in a country called Finland. It's far away from you all.
Just another reason to know that the people who love and admire Richard Dean Anderson are ALL AROUND the WORLD! He is truly a world-famous man. We love him so much, no matter where we are located.

Nice to have you "aboard" the RDA forum!
B
Anja

Post by Anja »

Hello, everybody or - in my mothertongue - Hallo, alle miteinander!

- born 30th August, 1959
- school, started university at 19
- exams in Biology, English and Education
- got self-employed as a private teacher because the state couldn't pay new teachers then
- love what I do - driving around from 1.30 pm till 8.30 pm (Sat/Sun as well if necessary) and teach children at their homes
- 60% my lessons are MATHS
- kids are between 9 and 21
- while studying I translated some books (mostly about horses, horsebackriding and horse management)
- while studying I was a vaulting trainer (we were very successful!)
- while studying I travelled to Egypt, to the USA, to Canada etc (my brother is a pilot)
- as a private teacher I trained young horses and started eventing with my own one - no more time and money for travelling
- my horses are my hobby
- my dog Buffy and my cockateels share my flat
- I raise little birdies when I get a call
- I like knitting, crotcheting,baking and reading
- I've never intended to marry
- I like watching DVDs in English
- I like Neil Diamond, John Denver, Country Music and many other good songs
- I like David Janssen, Stuart Whitman, Scott Bakula, Don Johnson, Alan Young, Vincent D'Onofrio and - of course - RDA
- I live in a small town south of Hamburg

ANJA :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Last edited by Anja on Sat Dec 26, 2015 6:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ANJA
CARPE DIEM Image
MysteryKnitter

Post by MysteryKnitter »

bftlovesRDA wrote:
MysteryKnitter wrote:I live in a country called Finland. It's far away from you all.
Just another reason to know that the people who love and admire Richard Dean Anderson are ALL AROUND the WORLD! He is truly a world-famous man. We love him so much, no matter where we are located.

Nice to have you "aboard" the RDA forum!
Aw, thanks! It's nice to be here and...here's another little fact....I like to faint all over again in that one certain thread, whenever I see a picture of You-Know-Who. ;)