A fact about you

tvero80

Re: A fact about you

Post by tvero80 »

MacBeth wrote: I also have an important task to finish there, which is to scatter my parents' ashes.
Beth,

This is a very important task indeed. But you'll feel better(relieved in a way) afterwards ,I hope.

V
Annelies

Post by Annelies »

tvero80 wrote:
MacBeth wrote: I also have an important task to finish there, which is to scatter my parents' ashes.
Beth,

This is a very important task indeed. But you'll feel better(relieved in a way) afterwards ,I hope.

V
It sure is V, and I don't know where you are going to scatter your parent's ashes....
I had the special oppertunity to be there, when my ex-husband scatterd the ashes of his grandmother, and now, on the place where we scatterd her ashes, there grows the most beautiful heath..

Wishing you a beautiful warm moment then!
Lots of love,

Lies

Mac/Jack#1fan

Post by Mac/Jack#1fan »

MacBeth wrote: we just cut through the south tip -- Bennington to Brattleboro. It's high on my list of states to visit properly
My wife has never been to New England at all, and I love the area so much, so we're determined to get a proper trip there sometime in the next few years.
Ha, Bennington and Brattleboro are REALLY south, but both are nice places :) I work mainly in the capitol city of Vt, Montpelier, and its so cool to think that people want to come here to visit. I pass by the Vermont State House almost every day on the way to work and I always remind myself of how cool it is that I live there and can see this every day and some people travel to see it. Its a cool feeling, for me anyway.

Since you like New England so much, I'm sure you know that a great time to visit is during the fall season. The leaves are so pretty then, and its a big time tourist season for VT. :) But all the seasons are nice up here... with the exception of Spring. Spring means mud, and everything looks dirty from all the snow melting and MUD! Ugh... I can't wait for summer! :)
MacBeth

Post by MacBeth »

We do indeed want to come in the autumn. All my other visits (and there haven't been many) were in the summer, with my parents. But my mother used to reminisce about the fall colours, as you can imagine!

My parent died over 15 years ago. One of my sisters was supposed to have taken care of the ashes (which are commingled), but it never happened. She never made any effort, in fact, and I finally persuaded her to hand the task over to me, since I was going to be living on the (US) East Coast for at least the next decade. They're to be scattered in two different locations: half over Chesapeake Bay (my father's favourite place to go sailing when he was young) and half in Maine (for my mother).
j-sky

Post by j-sky »

A couple facts about me:

- I'm 18 years younger than Rick
- I'm a postman (not like my job much at this moment...but have to do something...)
- I found astronomy because of Stargate series :D. I have been a member of Ursa, the biggest astronomical society in Finland, for over a year now. I have been going to the courses for amateurs. Like the Basic and Follow-up courses of Starry Sky and The Universe course :). All have been really interesting and I have liked them a lot. And all this because of Stargate and especially Rick :) :geek: :D .
Caty

Post by Caty »

j-sky wrote:A couple facts about me:

- I'm a postman (not like my job much at this moment...but have to do something...)
- I found astronomy because of Stargate series :D. I have been a member of Ursa, the biggest astronomical society in Finland, for over a year now. I have been going to the courses for amateurs. Like the Basic and Follow-up courses of Starry Sky and The Universe course :). All have been really interesting and I have liked them a lot. And all this because of Stargate and especially Rick :) :geek: :D .
Wow! Another astronomer here! :D :D
Do you have your own telescope? What kind? Which objects are your favourite? Are you watching more in our sun system or deepsky?
Many questions but I'm always excited to find another amateur astronomer :D
"No matter how hard the past,
you can always begin again.
"

(Buddha)
j-sky

Post by j-sky »

Caty wrote:
j-sky wrote:A couple facts about me:

Wow! Another astronomer here! :D :D
Do you have your own telescope? What kind? Which objects are your favourite? Are you watching more in our sun system or deepsky?
Many questions but I'm always excited to find another amateur astronomer :D
Thanks for your questions, Caty :) .
I'm really a beginner. I don't have a telescope. Yet. Maybe someday. I have only watched them with my naked eye. I'm living in the quite big city, so I can only see the biggest stars. But I think it's a good start (on this journey ;) ). I only wish there would be more clear night skies. In Finland we have almost always clouds in the sky.... And the summer nights are so light that you can't see any stars... But luckily I can see the beautiful pictures all over the internet about the subjects I'm interested in :).
By the way, do you now about this -> http://www.ustream.tv/channel/iss-hdev-payload ? Our planet is so beautiful <3 !
Caty

Post by Caty »

j-sky wrote: By the way, do you now about this -> http://www.ustream.tv/channel/iss-hdev-payload ? Our planet is so beautiful <3 !
Thanks j-sky, yes I've seen it a few days before. Earth is a blue jewel, that's for sure :)
"

(Buddha)
darling

Post by darling »

This is the view from my office down to the river Alster in Hamburg (big city here in Germany). Sun is shining at the moment. That's a rare event these days. :lol: I'm working at the 5th floor so I have an extremely outstanding view over here.

Caty

Post by Caty »

Wow! Amazing view, darling. I"ve been there a few times for advanced training course and my sister lives in Hamburg. She is a professor for marine biology at "Hochschule für angewandte Wissenschaft". I don"t know how to translate this ;)
"

(Buddha)