Someone affected?

JackGywer

Re: Someone affected?

Post by JackGywer »

So I then deleted the Chage,actually getting my last option.
I am using Windows 8.
Also do not want to change to Window 10.
Hope that the display of the message of a deleted message due to filter settings now also disappears.That showed it again with me :roll:

On the phone a cleaning app did it by itself.The app removed the garbage files in the browser and everything was normal again.

https://jannick0104.wixsite.com/jackgywer
https://www.instagram.com/jackgywer_fanart/?hl=de

I continue to follow my heart,
that does not have to know the mind.

J.K.
Grimey

Post by Grimey »

JackGywer wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2017 7:46 pm Image

This is how the page looks at me when I go to the forum!
I'll try again somehow :?
The arrow tvero80 talked about is above all this,
next to the line of your browser, where you type "www.rdanderson" to open a homepage or something.
P
KateR
Site Admin

Post by KateR »

Grimey wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:30 am The arrow tvero80 talked about is above all this,
next to the line of your browser, where you type "www.rdanderson" to open a homepage or something.
You're talking about the "Refresh" arrow to reload the page? If that works, it's probably the easiest way to fix it. But clearing your cache/history will also do it.

I think the problem mostly affects people who come here regularly and keep themselves logged in so they don't have to log in for each visit. The page is trying to load both the old and the new versions of the page at the same time, using the information that has been stored in your cache. But if you reboot or log out and in again, or clear your history, it should clear the problem.

I also noticed that I had the problem on Firefox, where I have it set to "remember me," but when I tried IE, and had to log in again, the problem disappeared.

Sorry for the trouble, but as I said, I NEVER TRUST UPDATES, and now I know why. :roll:

Kate
tvero80

Post by tvero80 »

My 'solution' (refresh) didn't work for J .
JackGywer

Post by JackGywer »

KateR wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2017 5:01 pm
Grimey wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:30 am The arrow tvero80 talked about is above all this,
You're talking about the "Refresh" arrow to reload the page? If that works, it's probably the easiest way to fix it. But clearing your cache/history will also do it.

I think the problem mostly affects people who come here regularly and keep themselves logged in so they don't have to log in for each visit. The page is trying to load both the old and the new versions of the page at the same time, using the information that has been stored in your cache. But if you reboot or log out and in again, or clear your history, it should clear the problem.

I also noticed that I had the problem on Firefox, where I have it set to "remember me," but when I tried IE, and had to log in again, the problem disappeared.

Sorry for the trouble, but as I said, I NEVER TRUST UPDATES, and now I know why. :roll:

Kate

Exactly,that seems to be the problem! I always stay logged in,the simplest.
The arrow only loads the page again, that did not help with me! Also log out and then log in did not help. It only helped deleting the cache.
Oh,this will not be the last update 8-) :roll:

Thanks to all who tried to help :)

By that way,I use Google chrome.

J.K.
CMac

Post by CMac »

Thanks for clearing that up, Kate! I was worried we'd been hacked or something. :shock:

I use Google Chrome as my browser too, and it looked funky like those screenshots others have been displaying. Today, I had to get onto Internet Explorer to see it properly. I still use Windows 7 too, because it's just as you said - updates are a nuisance. :roll: We use 10 at work and it's pretty awesome, but it sure does take a while to work out all the bugs.

I appreciate the news on why I was seeing such strange things on the forum. ;) I thought I was "having a stroke", as Jack O'Neill might say. :lol:
frenchwriter

Post by frenchwriter »

HI

The same problem to me on "Google".
And when I refresh, it's OK.
But Kate is right, we have to delete the cache/history or delete our favourite link to the website. If our connection stay "automatic", we'll have always this problem...
yolie

Post by yolie »

Having the same problem on my apple and apple laptop. I don't know how to clear the cacque??? or history. Please tell me
how I do the clearing. My old pc is fine and so far it's working. But not my apple. What I did do though was to tap on last page
entered on specific item on forum and could then see what's on screen. Hate to do that all the time, but like I said I don't know where to go to clear history. :x :x :x
JackGywer

Post by JackGywer »

yolie wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:52 am Having the same problem on my apple and apple laptop. I don't know how to clear the cacque??? or history. Please tell me
how I do the clearing. My old pc is fine and so far it's working. But not my apple. What I did do though was to tap on last page
entered on specific item on forum and could then see what's on screen. Hate to do that all the time, but like I said I don't know where to go to clear history. :x :x :x
At the top right under the cross to close the page is usually a field for the browser settings, click on it!
Then search browser history deletion and delete the history, try first the option 24 hours.

J.K.
Caty

Post by Caty »

KateR wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2017 5:01 pm

Kate

Never change a running system ;)

That's my problem every time my husband updates my computer, it never NEVER NEVER went without problems!
"No matter how hard the past,
you can always begin again.
"

(Buddha)