I am leaving the group

Philippa M
Posts: 303
Joined: Tue Jul 07, 2015 9:14 am
Location: East Cannington, Perth - Western Australia

I am leaving the group

Post by Philippa M » Wed Dec 14, 2016 11:00 pm

Good bye Richard people,

I can no longer be here as i have found the emotions of everything too hard ,,,,
Image


Richard Dean Anderson is Macgyver! .... *my hearts duet*

User avatar
Macgyver1989
Posts: 127
Joined: Thu Dec 03, 2015 4:24 pm
Location: South Africa

Re: I am leaving the group

Post by Macgyver1989 » Wed Dec 21, 2016 5:43 pm

Hi Philippa M,

I am so sorry to hear that you are leaving, however, why would you want to leave the RDA forums? After all, you have been part of the community for quite awhile. Your explanation is written rather vaguely, (I apologise for being so blunt) If so could you, please give a reason as to why you intend to leave?

Grimey
Posts: 197
Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2015 11:23 pm
Location: Germany

Re: I am leaving the group

Post by Grimey » Sat Dec 24, 2016 10:54 am

Dear Philippa,

if you ever read this, I wanna tell you that you are welcome any time you feel the strength to meet with us again.
So good that you were born, you are a precious gift!
All the best to you from the bottom of my heart,

Petra
P

EMTP513
Posts: 60
Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:43 pm
Contact:

Re: I am leaving the group

Post by EMTP513 » Sat Dec 31, 2016 12:43 am

I've been feeling like I should leave but being obstinate the way I am I haven't actually done it yet. Mostly because I was worried that I'm the only one feeling unaccountably sad. I've been feeling intensely depressed but it's nothing to do with Richard Dean Anderson. Someone in my family dropped me liked a rock 3 days before Christmas (over a computer glitch that she never thought was the computer, she assumed I did it to her) and seeing other people insanely happy at holidays - like they're supposed to be - has been almost unbearable. I'm thrilled out of my mind for their happiness, I'm not a monster, I'm just unbearably depressed about what happened to me. And over a gd computer mess-up, as if she couldn't deduce that machines aren't perfect. Where has everyone gotten the idea that machines of today make no mistakes, like ever? Not all families live in perfect joy but some families refuse to work through an issue and dissolve the unit instead of resolving the conflict.
Is that similar to what the Poster means when she said everything's become too emotional? I don't know. It's my own experience though so it's really the only experience I can offer.
I really love following his daughter, Wylie on Twitter. It's truly the only ray of sunshine I've been finding in a field of mostly rainy and gloomy days. Her tweets and retweets have been making me happy. The one yesterday about My Little Pony (how to make a coronation dress for My Little Pony) reminded me of my daughter, who used to have a purple pony called My Little Pony. It made me happy to remember it. My daughter's really sick right now and I'm finding it hard to deal with it. So when I saw something about My Little Pony it seemed like a glorious respite to me, a way to remember how much she loved life before this tragedy happened to her a day before my birthday in 2015. I just felt really happy seeing the My Little Pony link.
Actually, following Wylie on Twitter is the reason I'm still here. I really do enjoy all those simply happy tweets and retweets. So many people twice her age are so upset over not getting what they wanted that all their tweets and retweets are now consumed with anger about Donald Trump being our next president. Not that I blame them but it's depressing on top of my holiday depression which worsened after this person in my family left me.
I won't be leaving here though because I'm too happy with him & his daughter. Besides I won't be able to watch the other movies he's in if I leave. I still haven't watched any other movies except 'Through the Eyes of a Killer.' I have a feeling I'll probably like his 'Ordinary Heroes' character better than a murderer character. I could never play one because someone in my life was murdered. When I watched that movie in the early 90's it's wasn't true but it is now. I like true crime documentaries and only if they show the view of the victim and his family. I never can watch anything from the murderer's viewpoint anymore. I prefer watching Pandora's Box [I had a cat named Pandora :D ], Firehouse and Ordinary Heroes. BTW another of my favorite actors is in Pandora's Box. Jane Leeves is my favorite actress. Her, Jennifer Aniston and Nicole Kidman.
Sorry for talking so long. I find it really difficult to write short pieces. I edited this one by 100's of words & it's probably still too long but at least it's mostly happy.

User avatar
Bella123
Posts: 41
Joined: Fri Nov 20, 2015 3:32 am

Re: I am leaving the group

Post by Bella123 » Sat Dec 31, 2016 2:28 am

Oh Philippa,
I will really miss you! I wish you would stay, but if you feel this is what you need to do, I wish you the absolute best! God bless you and I hope all will be well. If you ever need someone to talk to, I'm here. {Hugs}


EMTP513, If people griping about Trump is depressing to you, why do you do it every post? :?: As Linus said, "Never discuss religion, politics, or the Great Pumpkin." :lol: :lol: I hope that doesn't hurt your feelings... :?
Credit goes to MacBeth (Lolmac) for the avatar!

EMTP513
Posts: 60
Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:43 pm
Contact:

Re: I am leaving the group

Post by EMTP513 » Sat Dec 31, 2016 3:22 am

Bella123 wrote:Oh Philippa,
I will really miss you! I wish you would stay, but if you feel this is what you need to do, I wish you the absolute best! God bless you and I hope all will be well. If you ever need someone to talk to, I'm here. {Hugs}


EMTP513, If people griping about Trump is depressing to you, why do you do it every post? :?: As Linus said, "Never discuss religion, politics, or the Great Pumpkin." :lol: :lol: I hope that doesn't hurt your feelings... :?
Well...no. I didn't think I did it with every post. I have 41 of them. I'm kind of worried about the immediate future since I only have a part-time job and have to take assistance the other part of the time. That's probably why I've mentioned it.
I know I've talked about him some. I didn't think it was with every post. I hope I've been talking about the topic most of the time, I'm just concerned about my immediate future. I'll get over it, especially when I find out what's going to really happen.
My dad said that about politics & religion, not the Great Pumpkin. It's funny you mention the Great Pumpkin since that's what some people have been calling DT. Not me. I don't understand the reference. I just know some people are calling him that.

User avatar
KateR
Site Admin
Posts: 364
Joined: Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:58 pm

Re: I am leaving the group

Post by KateR » Sat Dec 31, 2016 5:02 am

EMTP513 wrote:Well...no. I didn't think I did it with every post. I have 41 of them.
I hope I've been talking about the topic most of the time,
EMTP, ten of your posts - that's one in four - have focused on angry political commentary. Many have wandered from the topic and focused on people of your acquaintance or other celebrities. I've been allowing threads such as this one to remain as long as they are clearly labeled as "off topic" so that people can choose to avoid them. However, I would ask you (and everyone) to consider the consequences of certain topics or comments, especially when they stray from the original topic.

As I mentioned before, I am not willing to let this board become a format for political arguments, and I have been grateful that the regular posters here have not been drawn into such a debate.

Another consideration is that there have been several mentions of following Wylie on social media. Wylie is a very savvy young lady who has been able to live her life beyond her father's celebrity. In fact, RDA has expressed his pride in his daughter's ability to distance herself from her father's fans. I would prefer that this website not become a format for encouraging fans to seek her out. If fans feel they must, it is perhaps best to do it quietly.

I recognize that Philippa has had difficulty processing rumors about RDA and that she has chosen to take a break. I accept that EMTP has been struggling with difficult times and is searching for sources of happiness. I have certainly never had a problem with people posting personal information and experiences here, as long as they remain in off topic threads.

As forums go, this one has required very little monitoring from me, and I am grateful to the members who come here. I appreciate that visitors have been respectful of the thoughts and comments of others, and as we go into the New Year, I hope that guests will continue to consider the consequences of their messages and to be thoughtful about what they post.

Kate

EMTP513
Posts: 60
Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:43 pm
Contact:

Re: I am leaving the group

Post by EMTP513 » Mon Jan 02, 2017 1:14 am

KateR wrote:
EMTP513 wrote:Well...no. I didn't think I did it with every post. I have 41 of them.
I hope I've been talking about the topic most of the time,
EMTP, ten of your posts - that's one in four - have focused on angry political commentary. Many have wandered from the topic and focused on people of your acquaintance or other celebrities. I've been allowing threads such as this one to remain as long as they are clearly labeled as "off topic" so that people can choose to avoid them. However, I would ask you (and everyone) to consider the consequences of certain topics or comments, especially when they stray from the original topic.

As I mentioned before, I am not willing to let this board become a format for political arguments, and I have been grateful that the regular posters here have not been drawn into such a debate.

Another consideration is that there have been several mentions of following Wylie on social media. Wylie is a very savvy young lady who has been able to live her life beyond her father's celebrity. In fact, RDA has expressed his pride in his daughter's ability to distance herself from her father's fans. I would prefer that this website not become a format for encouraging fans to seek her out. If fans feel they must, it is perhaps best to do it quietly.

I recognize that Philippa has had difficulty processing rumors about RDA and that she has chosen to take a break. I accept that EMTP has been struggling with difficult times and is searching for sources of happiness. I have certainly never had a problem with people posting personal information and experiences here, as long as they remain in off topic threads.

As forums go, this one has required very little monitoring from me, and I am grateful to the members who come here. I appreciate that visitors have been respectful of the thoughts and comments of others, and as we go into the New Year, I hope that guests will continue to consider the consequences of their messages and to be thoughtful about what they post.

Kate
That's the first time I've heard it: about "political arguments," which I wasn't trying to create. I don't know what i was trying to do, other than worrying about my own future as a person on partial disability under this president. And spilling it over (tho not intentionally) into places it doesn't belong.
I wasn't trying to get people to follow her either. I was trying to talk about something that makes me truly happy and she's one of the things that do. It was only that and nothing more.
I guess I'll have to take a break from here after all, especially as I managed once again to do things I wasn't even trying to do. I was attempting to share my great happiness in finding someone whose posts make me happy. She was the last thing I had left that was making me feel genuine joy.
I'll take a break too, at least until I figure out what's going to become of me financially if I lose my partial disability. I don't want to go into detail about it. I may not understand the forum's purpose but I'm intelligent enough to know it's not about my partial disability. I've already taken a break from Facebook, so I'll take one from here.
I was talking about Wylie because everything about her so far makes me feel truly happy and blessed to have my own daughter, who right now is really sick. Seeing Wylie's posts made me feel like the thing with my daughter doesn't always have to be sad and gloomy. I don't know how to explain it other than that I think she's a blessing.
I really am sorry. I never meant to cause trouble. Thanks for listening.

Rosemary
Posts: 16
Joined: Sun Apr 03, 2016 6:51 pm
Location: oostende belgium

Re: I am leaving the group

Post by Rosemary » Mon Jan 02, 2017 1:54 pm

I'm sorry to hear that some people are leaving.
I have just a little bit advise for EMPT315. Try not to tell to much of your personal life on fora. You can never know who's actually reading these posts. There' are a lot of people with disabilities in the world. I'm one of many. I never reveal much of my self on Facebook, fora or other social media! Please don't be offended but mayby you need a real life friend to talk to about the things that worry you. I have a therapist to go to with my worries. I think your looking for a listening ear in the wrong places.
My advise is read you posts three times before you post them that's what I do so I won't step on any toes or offended anyone. Politics is always a subject that makes people uneasy al over the world.

Kate you may remove my post if you think it may be to offendeing for some people

User avatar
Anne
Posts: 289
Joined: Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:11 am

Re: I am leaving the group

Post by Anne » Mon Jan 02, 2017 2:20 pm

My advice would actually be to just look for other places where the purpose IS to talk about your disability, your depression about Trump and where you can get moral support and maybe more - like coping ways to deal with some of your issues. I am sure there are places online for self support or groups with ppl who have similar issues like grief, fear, depression etc and I'm pretty sure that these kind of places are handled in a way to keep things private as much as possible. Not everyone has a real person to talk to or can afford a therapist, but I'm sure there are self organized online fora or groups to lend support and help.

Maybe if you use google for online help it will come up with something that will help you.

This goes for both, EMPTS and Phillippa, actually. You are both dealing with personal issues a fan forum for an actor can't carry because this is just not the place to really get help.

Good luck from a mostly lurker on here and hugs.

Post Reply