Currently Writing

MacBeth

Currently Writing

Post by MacBeth »

How about a companion thread to the "Currently Reading" thread? For those of us who write: what are you writing at present, and how's it going? Fanfic or otherwise!
Caty

Re: Currently Writing

Post by Caty »

As I wrote in the "Currently Reading"-thread, I'm writing reviews and I finished one one and a half week ago.
It was about a english book "Sketching the Moon".
I really like the book, I found many hints to enhance my (not so much present) skills in sketching ;)
Now I have to write about a german astronomy book, but it will take some time. I only started reading and tomorrow I'll travel to Berlin. I can't concentrate on stuff like this when many people are around me, like on the train.
It has to wait till I'm back home.
"No matter how hard the past,
you can always begin again.
"

(Buddha)
ritab2610

Post by ritab2610 »

When Stargate was still running I wrote some fanfic. Me and my friend we even wrote a cross-over Jack/MacGyver story... was a lot of fun (in English).
Now it's other stories, last year my first book came out about a police dog (in Dutch and French... I'm Belgian) For the moment I'm writing a fairy tale (English)for a friend of mine and I have "in the planning" a series about a secret agent. (Working on part 4) (Dutch)
Let's say I'm taking a break for the moment... family comes first.
MacBeth

Post by MacBeth »

My own writing has been pretty badly stalled for the last year. I'm bogged down about halfway through my first Stargate novel. It's very frustrating; I was doing way better with the MacGyver novels!

For variety and in hopes of shaking myself loose, I've been working sporadically on a very cracky MacGyver story, set up as a Choose Your Own Adventure story, with each segment ending in a readers' poll as to what happens next. This story got started when my partner and I had a very silly discussion involving darkfic and dark laundry, so the story is titled Dark!Laundry or Dark Laundry! -- the exclamation point is flexible. :D
Jediferret

Post by Jediferret »

I actually haven't written in a while because of work and not really having enough time. But I am working on my own book trilogy, which is currently in the beginning stages. I have a basic idea and some characters. I told the base plot line to a friend, who thought it would be rather good.

I don't want to give away too much about it because that's half the fun. The reader follows the main character and learns things as the character learns things. Each book will be it's own story arc that is actually part of a larger story arc. The genre is humor/Sci-Fi/adventure. The lead character's boss is based off RDA's "rule of thumb" when it comes to dialogue, which I thought would be fun. :) Okay, I did it on purpose in the hopes if it did well and they made a movie, RDA could play the part. LOL

Is that bad or what? XD
"Life is more important than what we do for a living." - Richard Dean Anderson
"That's the real trouble with the world, too many people grow up." - Walt Disney
Anne

Post by Anne »

I'm working on a SG-1 fic, which I've started sometime last year (around this time, I think) and which I wanted to finish in January, buuut... as life goes and things happens, that wasn't doable. So am still working on it and I only have 2 chapters to go.

I'm curretnly visiting with my beta/fandom best friend in the US and I have my laptop with me, but the weather is just so beautiful and we are out doing stuff every day (except for today, which is our lazy day) so not much writing is being done atm. :D

All my SG stuff is either Jack/Daniel or Little Daniel kidfic (or both) and so is this one. It's going well on the whole, I just have to write the ending and get them home etc.
MacBeth

Post by MacBeth »

Jediferret wrote: I did it on purpose in the hopes if it did well and they made a movie, RDA could play the part.
One of my favourite fantasy novelists, Barbara Hambly, used to "cast" key roles in her books -- it was a private game amongst the more enthusiastic fans to identify who a given character was "played by". Her choices included Alec Guinness, Katharine Hepburn, Spencer Tracy, and Tom Baker. One of the lovely things about the trick: it doesn't matter if the actor is no longer available. ;)

Anne, I know just what that's like -- you think you'll write on a trip, but all you want to do is relax and, you know, be on the trip! Sometimes I find I get a nice creative boost right afterwards, though.
tvero80

Post by tvero80 »

[quote="MacBeth"]My own writing has been pretty badly stalled for the last year. I'm bogged down about halfway through my first Stargate novel. It's very frustrating; I was doing way better with the MacGyver novels!

Are you the one who wrote Reverb?( and Boy Scout?)

I don't write fanfictions being French but I enjoy reading them very much :)

V
MacBeth

Post by MacBeth »

tvero80 wrote:Are you the one who wrote Reverb?( and Boy Scout?)
Yes, I am! Also Revision, Aftershocks, and Phoenix Rising.
tvero80

Post by tvero80 »

Nice to 'meet' you,MacBeth.

And you can speak French too (Cyril's message) !!! No wonder you know Nantes and Marseille . I'm impressed .And I have nothing to teach you :D

V