Currently Writing

MacBeth

Re: Currently Writing

Post by MacBeth »

I can just about remember a couple of sentences of French, after this long, but thank you!

As I see it, everyone has something to teach everyone. :D

Do call me Beth, if you please. And I'm delighted to 'meet' you! I'm glad you enjoyed my Macfic!
tvero80

Post by tvero80 »

Yes, I enjoyed them, specially those involving Mac and Nikki. The female characters didn't 'last long ' in the series , they were just 'foils'(we can say that in French i don't know if we can say that in English !) but I liked her.

You are a very talented writer ,Beth.

Véronique
MacBeth

Post by MacBeth »

:oops: Thank you so much, Véronique!

Yes, you can use the word "foil" in English in this manner.

The writing of the female characters, especially Nikki, was terribly inconsistent -- I liked her best when she was strong and competent. There had been discussions on another board about 'What would you do with that version of Nikki's character?" and "Would Mac ever have ended up in charge at Phoenix?", and someone came out with the idea that Nikki was a lot more likely to end up succeeding Pete. I liked that idea, and it worked really well in the story!
tvero80

Post by tvero80 »

Reverb was indeed a very good story.From the reviews I read I'm not the only one who enjoyed it...

It must have taken you quite a while to write the 17 chapters.
MacBeth

Post by MacBeth »

In a way, I wrote Revision and Reverb together -- I had the idea for Reverb, but I needed to explore and establish Mac's relationship with Sam, because it was going to be fundamental to a "20 years after" piece. I literally wrote the first few scenes and some notes for Reverb, then set it aside to write Revision, and went back to it afterwards.

Revision is a novella, about 20,000 words, and Reverb is a good-sized novel, about 85,000 words. Let's see -- I started working on them in spring of 2009, and finished Revision in late summer. It took a little over a year after that to write Reverb: I posted the last chapter in fall of 2010. I pretty much had to wrap it up by then, because I had just started the process of quitting my job and moving 4,000 miles across the US to join my partner! The move really disrupted my writing, alas -- I haven't gotten back into a good solid schedule even now.
tvero80

Post by tvero80 »

Thank you . :D