What music are you listening to?

CMac

What music are you listening to?

Post by CMac »

This might already be a topic, and if it is please forgive me. :oops:

I was just wondering what music everybody here listens to. I used to be more into classic rock like Led Zeppelin, but now my interests have shifted to jazz. Like RDA, I like Leo Kottke too. ;)

What about you guys? :)
pumuckl

Re: What music are you listening to?

Post by pumuckl »

Hello CMac,

I like songs from the groups America, Boy Meets Girl, a-ha,Gotthard, Pur,.... .
And singers Bruce Springsteen, John Parr, Israel Kamakawiwoòle,Bryan Adams,Rea Garvey, Tracy Chapman, Mike and the Mechaniks, Jennifer Nettles, Garth Brooks, Shania Twain, Darius Rucker, ... :)
I also like the sountracks from the series and films Hardcastle and McCormick (the old one), , Flashdance and musicals (Starlight Express live in Bochum),
.... .
I also like classic (special guitar and piano music),.....

Best wishes from Switzerland. :)
Annelies

Post by Annelies »

I like a lot, from pop, till 70's/80's, songs with a message are my favourite
Lots of love,

Lies

CMac

Post by CMac »

Yes! I agree with you about songs with a message. :) That was why I got into music from the 70's and 80's, too. They used to write incredible, profound lyrics and were talented musicians as well. Sadly, a lot of today's music seems lacking in both the writing and instrumental aspects, although there are a few good bands out there.
Annelies

Post by Annelies »

CMac wrote:Yes! I agree with you about songs with a message. :) That was why I got into music from the 70's and 80's, too. They used to write incredible, profound lyrics and were talented musicians as well. Sadly, a lot of today's music seems lacking in both the writing and instrumental aspects, although there are a few good bands out there.
There are fortunatelly, I really loooooooooove them........Sometimes I make fun out of the music......translate them in dutch language really funny sometimes or beautiful or play sign language interpreter with friends......I just love music!
Lots of love,

Lies

MacgyverStarGateGirl

Post by MacgyverStarGateGirl »

I'm a huge music lover! I love all kinds of music!
I AM A BLAST! YOU SHALL SEE!
EMTP513

Post by EMTP513 »

Since the election results: 'The End of the World As We Know It' and 'Eve of Destruction,' which only a few people will know. I didn't even know it until my daughter's godfather was listening to it. It was popular in 1970. I was barely alive in 1970 and he went to Vietnam.
I definitely didn't plan for my closest friend to be almost 20 years older than I am.
In 2012 I worked for a political organization. Before that I was almost completely apolitical.
NiLa

Post by NiLa »

EMTP513 wrote:Since the election results: 'The End of the World As We Know It' and 'Eve of Destruction,' which only a few people will know.
Hi....I take it you're from USA??? I heard in the news, that there are people who want the election results checked again...if something has been tempered with....let's wait and see... :roll:

Back to topic:
I like the music of Enya, classic music, especially W.A. Mozart, piano music, also movie soundtracks (Jurassic Park, Pirates of the Caribean, Dragonheart), Celine Dion.

My actual favourite song is "Sound of silence" sung by Disturbed.

I really don't like Heavy Metal and Jazz, can't get into it.

Anja ;)
Walk in love, walk in service, and you will walk in honor.
MacGyver
....by doing so our world will be better each day...
Anja ;)
eurmos

Post by eurmos »

I listen to a wide variety of music. Mostly stuff from the late 70's and early 80's since that is what I listened to in my teens (yes I'm old). Right now I'm waiting for the new album to be released from Warrant(Cherry Pie, Heaven). It is fun for me to listen to there stuff since I know their drummer as we were schoolmates in high school. I listen to a lot of rock, pop, country, jazz. Almost anything but hip hop and rap.
Beth
Annelies

Post by Annelies »

Just listened to a view musical ballads and bumped into this one...Seasons of love...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s1c3MARlJ0Q
Lots of love,

Lies