Currently Reading

Jemster

Post by Jemster »

Caty wrote:
Jemster wrote: How to Be a Really Good Pain in the Ass. A Critical Thinkers Guide to Asking the Right Questions by Christoper DiCarlo.

Michelle
Did Jack read that book? Sometimes he could be "a really good pain in the ass", especially for Daniel ;)
LOL! I wouldn't put it past him. ;)
I'm actually reading some heavy and very dry historic stuff:
"Advancing Variable Star Astronomy" - The centennial history of the American Association of Variable Star Observers.

First I couldn't get into the book but now, after more than 50 pages, it becomes interesting :)
I've had books like that. Most of the time I'll put it aside and then pick it up later, when I'm ready to read it.

Michelle
MacBeth

Re: Currently Reading

Post by MacBeth »

I just finished re-reading two fantasy novels by P. C. Hodgell, God Stalk and Dark of the Moon. She has a terrific imagination and writes wonderful characters, but she really could have used a better editor, especially for the second book. The first is a fave of mine; I re-read it every so often, but I rearely re-read the second.

I'm also re-reading an early Ivan Doig, The Sea Runners. Yee, that man has the most incredible way with language! His descriptions of the Pacific Northwest are sheer poetry.