Game - the Geography Game

karinedauphin

Re: Game - the Geography Game

Post by karinedauphin »

Beata, doesn't matter the time thant needs... Important is just having fun, because it is just a game, isn't it...
(oh... If you don't want write something, it is not absolutely necessary, it is just "who wants, write something"... But indeed, it is so interesting)
Now you is on the part... And you put the level... very high...

And B, you make me doubt... Do I take A or Y... easy one would be the A... but logical, for the game... I take the Y...

Oh oh oh.. sweeties, you make me crazyyyyyyy with YYYY :lol: :lol:

YALTA

it is a town in Crimea, near from the Black Sea. But it is also the YALTA Conference, in february 1945, such of "peace meeting"...
bftlovesRDA

Post by bftlovesRDA »

Karine,,,,you did good with the "Y" ! :D :D :D

How about:

Alajuela

the second largest city in Costa Rica (a country that my niece and her husband and her 18 month old daughter are visiting right now. It is a "hot" vacation spot). The city is the birthplace of Juan Santamaría, the national hero of Costa Rica and the figure who gives the name to the country's main international airport, which is south of Alajuela downtown.
B
karinedauphin

Post by karinedauphin »

Morning, Morgen, God'day...everyone

ABYDOS

Enough obvious, right ? :D :D :D
Beata

Post by Beata »

Beata, doesn't matter the time thant needs... Important is just having fun, because it is just a game, isn't it...
(oh... If you don't want write something, it is not absolutely necessary, it is just "who wants, write something"... But indeed, it is so interesting)
Karine I am having fun, did not mean to put the level very high. Abydos was great btw very funny.
"another day, a whole 'nother set of fresh possibilities, I am a sucker for mornings" MacGyver
bftlovesRDA

Post by bftlovesRDA »

Beata wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 1:29 pm
Karine I am having fun, did not mean to put the level very high. Abydos was great btw very funny.
Good, Beata - that you are having fun. Me too.

And I love the choice of Abydos. Cool selection! :D :D

So, an "S" name....

SALISBURY a city in the Piedmont (rolling hills) section of North Carolina...about two hours from where I live.

Here is some info about it: Founded in 1753, Salisbury is noted for its historic preservation, with five Local Historic Districts and ten National Register Historic Districts. Salisbury is the home to North Carolina soft drink, Cheerwine, and regional supermarket, Food Lion. (Food Lion is a Grocery Store Chain in the Southeastern section of the USA. It operates 1100 stores and has 63,000 employees.)
B
karinedauphin

Post by karinedauphin »

:lol: :lol:
Last edited by karinedauphin on Sun Feb 17, 2019 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
karinedauphin

Post by karinedauphin »

Beata wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 1:29 pm Karine I am having fun, did not mean to put the level very high. Abydos was great btw very funny.
Beata, because of different languages and different cultures, I hope I haven't hurt you... There are no smiley or any expressions...

Beata, welcome on board in this game... And the "high level"... You can ask B or rjas....
each one put the level high.... at least for me, really :lol: :lol: :lol:
karinedauphin

Post by karinedauphin »

So... with Y ... again a "sneeze" name...

Yamaguchi

It is a town in Japan, at the southern end of Honshū.
bftlovesRDA

Post by bftlovesRDA »

Yes, a sneeze name for sure....

How about another sneeze name.....

IMMOKALEE a city in the US state of Florida.

The name is an Indian (Native American) name: Originally the region was occupied by the Calusa Indians and centuries later occupied by the Seminole, after they moved down from the northern part of Florida. Initially the settlement was known as Gopher Ridge by the Seminole and Miccosukee Indians.[3] Immokalee means "your home" in Mikasuki language.
B
karinedauphin

Post by karinedauphin »

Immokalee.. sounds like "immaculé" in french... but no comparaison...

And with an E...a sneeze one :

Egilsstaðabær

It is in Iceland. It is part of the municipality of Fljótsdalshérað, the county seat of Norður-Múlasýsla and the largest settlement of the Eastern Region with, as of 2016, a population of 2,306 inhabitants. (thanks wiki ;) )
Last edited by karinedauphin on Sun Feb 17, 2019 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.