Game - the Geography Game

bftlovesRDA

Re: Game - the Geography Game

Post by bftlovesRDA »

Abu Al-Khaseeb a city in Iraq.

Its name means "The rich area - agricultural", referring to the fertile Shatt Al-Arab river. It is an agricultural town, well known for its date palm farms on the river.
B
karinedauphin

Post by karinedauphin »

BEAUVAIS
city of Oise, with 56.000 inhabitants, with a beautiful gothic cathedral, still unfinished...
bftlovesRDA

Post by bftlovesRDA »

SANFORD a town in North Carolina - about an hour away from where I live.

Not much interesting about it except this: Because Sanford sits where white beach sand from the coast meets the Piedmont clay, the city has the right ingredients to be a large producer of clay bricks. In 1959, Sanford produced 10% of the bricks in the United States and was named "Brick Capital of the USA". Today large brick production continues via manufacturers such as General Shale and Lee Brick & Tile.
B
Beata

Post by Beata »

Dabgram, India

Dabgram is a small industrial hamlet near Siliguri in the Jalpaiguri district of West Bengal, India. It lies adjacent to Phulbari, Jalpaiguri in Jalpaiguri district. It can also be noted as a suburb/neighborhood of the city of Siliguri.
"another day, a whole 'nother set of fresh possibilities, I am a sucker for mornings" MacGyver
bftlovesRDA

Post by bftlovesRDA »

MARRAKESH a city in Morocco.

It is the fourth largest city in the country, after Casablanca, Fez and Tangier. It is the capital city of the mid-southwestern region of Marrakesh-Safi. Located to the north of the foothills of the snow-capped Atlas Mountains. Marrakesh is possibly the most important of Morocco's four former imperial cities. The region has been inhabited by Berber farmers since Neolithic times, but the actual city was founded in 1062, by Abu Bakr ibn Umar, chieftain ...
B
karinedauphin

Post by karinedauphin »

I had the chance to visit Marrakesh... Very hot !!! not only for the sun... Many men speak to women so "eh la gazelle"... Well, gazelle in french seems the same in english I think...But the country is very noce and an amazing history...

Well...We have an H...And I propose you a french town with

HENDAYE

Hendaye (Basque: Hendaia) is a commune in the Pyrénées-Atlantiques (southwestern France). The town, France's most southwesterly and a popular seaside tourist resort, stands on the right bank of the River Bidassoa – which marks the Franco-Spanish border – at the point where it empties into the Atlantic Ocean in the French Basque Country.

Ernest Hemingway, American novelist, lived in Hendaye during the late 1920s between travels to Spain, wrote, and exchanged correspondence with family and friends.
bftlovesRDA

Post by bftlovesRDA »

karinedauphin wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 8:38 pm I had the chance to visit Marrakesh... Very hot !!! not only for the sun... Many men speak to women so "eh la gazelle"... Well, gazelle in french seems the same in english I think...But the country is very noce and an amazing history...

Well...We have an H...And I propose you a french town with

HENDAYE

Hendaye (Basque: Hendaia) is a commune in the Pyrénées-Atlantiques (southwestern France). The town, France's most southwesterly and a popular seaside tourist resort, stands on the right bank of the River Bidassoa – which marks the Franco-Spanish border – at the point where it empties into the Atlantic Ocean in the French Basque Country.

Ernest Hemingway, American novelist, lived in Hendaye during the late 1920s between travels to Spain, wrote, and exchanged correspondence with family and friends.
Very interesting info, Karine. Marrakesh seems like it must be an exotic location..... :D :o :shock: And so does Hendaye....

EL PASO A city in Texas that borders the Rio Grande River and Mexico.

It was the sight of a recent rally held by President Trump with 65,000 people who wanted to attend. El Paso is having problems with illegal immigration and the President has issued an emergency order to build a wall on the Mexican border.
B
karinedauphin

Post by karinedauphin »

Morning, B, All fine ? ... Well, I like so travelling that all locations are own charms :lol: :lol:
Yeah, We heard about this crazy wall....In Europe we had one... The Berlin Wall.... no comment...
Something fun... Do you want some

ORANGE ?

Orange is a commune in the Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur region in southeastern France, about 21 km (13 mi) north of Avignon.
It has a primarily agricultural economy. The town is renowned for its Roman architecture, and its Roman theatre.

And the funny fact... ORANGE (France) is twwinned with .... ORANGE (CALIFORNIA) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

bftlovesRDA

Post by bftlovesRDA »

karinedauphin wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 7:25 am Morning, B, All fine ? ... Well, I like so travelling that all locations are own charms :lol: :lol:
Yeah, We heard about this crazy wall....In Europe we had one... The Berlin Wall.... no comment...
Something fun... Do you want some

ORANGE ?

Orange is a commune in the Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur region in southeastern France, about 21 km (13 mi) north of Avignon.
It has a primarily agricultural economy. The town is renowned for its Roman architecture, and its Roman theatre.

And the funny fact... ORANGE (France) is twwinned with .... ORANGE (CALIFORNIA) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yes, am fine. Taking a break from sleep to come here.... :D :D :D I'll post and then go back to sleep.

Well, the difference between our wall at the Southern Border and the Berlin Wall is that our wall is being built to keep people (illegal aliens) OUT of our country while the Berlin Wall was there to keep people IN East Germany and the other communist states. Big difference.

Orange - I have heard of that place. Maybe because it does have a twin location in Orange, CA.

So, an "E" place...how about:

ELKIN a small town in the North Carolina mountains - the place where I was born!
B
karinedauphin

Post by karinedauphin »

Well... with a N for a new one...

NEUSTADT.... "new city" in german
Neustadt is a town in Rhineland-Palatinate, Germany. With 54,000 inhabitants.