Game - the Geography Game

karinedauphin

Re: Game - the Geography Game

Post by karinedauphin »

so funny, really... We will write a "RDA-mix- exchanges geaography game"... with all that we found :lol: :lol:

So, I stay in mountain with

ABONDANCE

it means of course, Abundance. It is a little town in Haute Savoie with 1,400 people.
But it is also the name for cows : "Abondance" cattle breed has a good reputation.
Beata

Post by Beata »

Santa Claus, Indiana
In 1854, a group of pioneers settled in southwest Indiana and established a small town called Santa Fe. But when they applied to get a post office two years later, they were turned down. There was already another Santa Fe, Indiana, with a post office. The new Santa Fe would need a new, distinct name to get one of their own.
"another day, a whole 'nother set of fresh possibilities, I am a sucker for mornings" MacGyver
karinedauphin

Post by karinedauphin »

Beata, very nice and interesting.
But the rule of this game is, at least, to take the last letter of the latter proposal.
Could you try to keep this one time ? For example, this time I wrote ABONDANCE... So the next item would begin with an E.
However, of course, Santa Claus was very pleasant to be read...But It is just to follow the game.

Of course, if someone will play after me, it would be probably another letter... So is funny... :lol: :lol:
Thanks Beata
bftlovesRDA

Post by bftlovesRDA »

Yes, Beata, so glad you are playing the geography game! And a town named Santa Claus is very interesting and funny. Thanks for that information.

But, as Karine has said, could you do a geography place name that starts with an "E" since "ABONDANCE" ends with an "e"? :D :D :D

THANK YOU!
B
Beata

Post by Beata »

Yes, Beata, so glad you are playing the geography game! And a town named Santa Claus is very interesting and funny. Thanks for that information.

But, as Karine has said, could you do a geography place name that starts with an "E" since "ABONDANCE" ends with an "e"? :D :D :D

THANK YOU!
Many apologies, I was unaware of the rules, I will comply from now on. OOps... :oops: :oops:
"another day, a whole 'nother set of fresh possibilities, I am a sucker for mornings" MacGyver
Beata

Post by Beata »

Ecatepec, Mexico

The name "Ecatepec" is derived from Nahuatl, and means "windy hill" or "hill devoted to Ehecatl. Aztec derived.
karinedauphin

Post by karinedauphin »

Beata wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 12:39 pm Ecatepec, Mexico

The name "Ecatepec" is derived from Nahuatl, and means "windy hill" or "hill devoted to Ehecatl. Aztec derived.
Yeah, Beata, you got it !!! :D :D :D
karinedauphin

Post by karinedauphin »

So.. With a C...I propose you

CANTAL

It is a french department in Auvergne. The name comes from the volcanic massif, and it is also something to eat... Indeed, "Cantal" is the name of a french cheese... So good appetit and ... for the next ... your turn with a L...
Beata

Post by Beata »

Finally !!!

Lagarto, Brazil

Lagarto is a municipality located in the Brazilian state of Sergipe. Its population is greater than 100,000 inhabitants (2013) and its area is 969 km².

Football player Diego Costa was born and raised in Lagarto. The city has one football team called Lagarto Futebol Clube who were founded in 2009 and currently play in the Campeonato Sergipano.
bftlovesRDA

Post by bftlovesRDA »

Beata wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 1:38 pm Finally !!!

Lagarto, Brazil

Lagarto is a municipality located in the Brazilian state of Sergipe. Its population is greater than 100,000 inhabitants (2013) and its area is 969 km².

Football player Diego Costa was born and raised in Lagarto. The city has one football team called Lagarto Futebol Clube who were founded in 2009 and currently play in the Campeonato Sergipano.
Well done, Beata!

And interesting.

So, let's see, an "o" place......

OKLAHOMA CITY

.....often shortened to OKC, is the capital and largest city of the U.S. state of Oklahoma. Lying in the Great Plains region, Oklahoma City has one of the world's largest livestock markets.[10] Oil, natural gas, petroleum products and related industries are the largest sector of the local economy. The city is in the middle of an active oil field and oil derricks dot the capitol grounds.
B