Game - the Geography Game

bftlovesRDA

Re: Game - the Geography Game

Post by bftlovesRDA »

Oh, wow.....what a beautiful location. I am so ignorant.,..I did not realize France had such a gorgeous Island on its coast. I know you must have enjoyed spending some of your life there. Thanks for the map and the photos!

ESCONDIDO a city in California. It was once a part of Mexico and its name is of Spanish origin.
B
karinedauphin

Post by karinedauphin »

B, please, no one is ignorant. You know many things about your country, that I don't know and you share it, always a pleasure to read you. France is like all countries, many landscapes, many rivers, many gorgeous islands near from the "France" or far away like Guadeloup or Polynesia.
I had the chance to begin travelling very young. As i have 2 months, my parents took me already on the Isle of Rhé and as I was 6 months old, we were in Germany. I give me the chance to travel a lot, anytime, every where. I am so curious of every where. For example, that you are not ignorant, but I am... I was in California in November but never heard about Escondido... So you see ;) ;)
So my turn... and a little french history" with ...

ORLEANS

This town is located in north-central France, about 111 kilometres (69 miles) southwest of Paris. Joan of Arc, the maid of Orleans, to have received visions of the Archangel Michael, Saint Margaret, and Saint Catherine of Alexandria instructing her to support Charles VII and recover France from English domination late in the Hundred Years' War. The uncrowned King Charles VII sent Joan to the siege of Orléans as part of a relief mission. She gained prominence after the siege was lifted only nine days later.
And I has suched... I was surprised to discover this :

"Orléans, Ontario and New Orleans, Louisiana (French: La Nouvelle-Orléans) are named after the city"
bftlovesRDA

Post by bftlovesRDA »

Oh, wow, nice to know all that about "Orleans" and where "New Orleans" got its name.

Here is a city that starts with a "s":

St. Augustine A city on the Coast of Florida Founded in 1565 by Spanish explorers, it is the oldest continuously inhabited European-established settlement within the borders of the continental United States.

Some photos from St. Augustine:

B
karinedauphin

Post by karinedauphin »

oh waouh .... incredible... the lighthouse like Ile de Ré (well, you know it now)... and the monument seems like the jail of saint martin de ré... so that i make a research and i believed that Vauban was the architect. If you tip Vauban and saint martin de ré or Mont Dauphin, you will be estonished...

So well... now here we are with an E....

EVEREST

Enough obvious for this time, isn't it...

So goog night every one
bftlovesRDA

Post by bftlovesRDA »

Here is one for the "t":

THOMASVILLE Another city in North Carolina - a small town - it is one of the most important cities for furniture in the United States.
B
rjas441

Post by rjas441 »

Eastlake

A city in Alabama
karinedauphin

Post by karinedauphin »

So I have a little time today... So I will try to make you travelling with all proposals that they have be made. Amazing, so many wonderful places...
Thanks for the world tour :lol: :lol:

From ..A...to...G

Last edited by karinedauphin on Fri Feb 01, 2019 10:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
karinedauphin

Post by karinedauphin »

From... G ...to ... O

karinedauphin

Post by karinedauphin »

Of course the last one...until...Z

karinedauphin

Post by karinedauphin »

So with an E....
I will propose

ETNA

Volcano in Sicily, that I had the chance to see in summer and in winter !!