hi....new here....

cmbj67

Re: Are you new? Say hello!

Post by cmbj67 »

And I look forward to chatting with you :D Welcome in the forum, I'm always happy to see a new member :D
Claudia
uxelloise

Post by uxelloise »

bienvenue sur le forum
Kti

Post by Kti »

Warm welcome :)
Elphaba

Post by Elphaba »

Newbee here.

My name is Gina and I became an RDA fan back in 1990 [I know... a bit late... but better late than never ;0 ]. My husband had left me... with two young daughters [9 & 11] to raise... in March of that year. I stumbled onto the syndicated MacGyver episodes airing on the USA network at that time & then found the [then] current series on ABC. I was extremely scared at the time and "MacGyver" taught me how to increase my confidence in my ability to handle things... to do simple things like fix a lamp's wiring... make shelves, etc... the kind of things I had always relied on my husband to do. It's hard to put into words but the "anything is possible if you put your mind to it" message really resonated for me & I not only survived... but thrived... as a single Mom... thanks to that show. As for the ex-husband... thanks to MacGyver [RDA] it didn't matter that he offered little financial support & even less help... I was strong & able to tackle everything that came my way without him. I am now a retired RN, married to a wonderful man [Mike] and those two daughters have given me 5 beautiful grandkids :)

Of course I love everything RDA has done. I researched back & found his earlier works prior to 1990... and have seen & enjoyed them, as well as everything he's done since then :)

Although I subscribed to KateR's fan site years ago & receive her e-mail updates I only stumbled onto this message board right after I retired this year.

PS: Some of my favorite things: Favorite actor: RDA! Favorite season: Autumn! Favorite Holiday: Halloween! Favorite animal: Cat! Favorite color: Green! [followed by Orange and Black]. I also have many hobbies: I convert Playmobil Houses into Haunted Houses, create jewelry designs & sketch portraits. I have done MANY sketches & ink drawings of Rick. I even sent one to him back when MacGyver was still filming & he responded with a beautiful note. At some point I need to scan them into my computer and post them here.
j-sky

Post by j-sky »

Welcome both, wackyjacqs and Elphaba :) !

Both of your stories were very interesting to read.

Enjoy your time here :D!
Annelies

Post by Annelies »

Welcome to the family!!!!
Lots of love,

Lies

Elphaba

Post by Elphaba »

Thanks everyone.... good to be here Image
cmbj67

Post by cmbj67 »

Elphaba wrote: It's hard to put into words but the "anything is possible if you put your mind to it" message really resonated for me and... thanks to MacGyver [RDA] I was strong & able to tackle everything that came my way
Welcome Gina and Wackyjacqs, I just wanted to add that those words (and some others too) did exactly the same effect to me, for different matters in a hard time. They work :)
Claudia
Elphaba

Post by Elphaba »

Yes they do!!
nicolemj@otenet.gr

Post by nicolemj@otenet.gr »

WELCOME Jac and Gina. Hope you both have a wonderful time here, in this amazing forum. So nice to have you in our RDA family.