hi....new here....

Kévin

Re: Are you new? Say hello!

Post by Kévin »

Hello. :)

Sorry for my english but my language is french. ^^

I am new here, my name is Kévin, i have 21 year old!

Richard Dean Anderson is my idol in cinema since 18 year old!!

I like his humour and i like his actor game, he is funny! :)

I know he is come in French in September...
But... I live very far... I cannot come... :-(

I want a dedication, i wrote an e-mail in "Fan Mail", he answers messages?
I explained for September, he dedicates by letter? I won't see it... :-( but is a beautiful gift for me and for my heart in my live for ever...

Good day. :)
Annelies

Post by Annelies »

Hi Kévin,

Welcome to our family, thats how I like to call it..
Always fun around here and lots of friendly people.

Richard won't answer but has the oppertunity to read the messages fans post there..
He mostly sends Kate a mail which she posts on the website, that's his contact with us.. and the cons to ofcourse..

I'm also in France in September but with my daughters and also to far away, but I ain't frustrated that much... the thought of Rick being a few kilometers closer is also a nice thought for me..But I also hope to meet him someday to tell him what he ment and still means for me..

Have fun around the forum
Lots of love,

Lies

Kévin

Post by Kévin »

Thanks. :)

Ok, It's a pity... :(
But he will read my message, is good. ^^
There is another way for a dedication?

I look an address...

Richard Dean Anderson
ICM Partners
10250 Constellation Blvd.
9th Floor
Los Angeles, CA 90067-6209
Etats-Unis

So, me send a letter with an image (but i don't have an image) and a small written letter (he will read?) for a dedication?

In french in Lyon is 15 euros for entry and 45 euros for dedication and photo with richard.
KateR
Site Admin

Post by KateR »

Kévin wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 4:59 pm Thanks. :)

I look an address...

Richard Dean Anderson
ICM Partners
9th Floor
Etats-Unis

So, me send a letter with an image (but i don't have an image) and a small written letter (he will read?) for a dedication?

In french in Lyon is 15 euros for entry and 45 euros for dedication and photo with richard.
Welcome to the Forum, Kévin.

RDA can read the messages in the "Fan Mail" section, but I don't know how often he does that.

Your ICM address is an old one, so I don't think you will have success sending a request there.

It was possible to get an autograph (but not a dedication) through Legends Canada, but that website has been down for some time and RDA asked me to remove the link. The last time someone from here tried to get a dedicated autograph through Legends, it took months to get any kind of response.

Honestly, I think your best solution is to find (perhaps through this Forum) another French fan who will be going to the convention in Lyon and who would be willing to wait in line to get an autograph for you, if you arrange to pay the costs.

Good luck!

Kate
Kévin

Post by Kévin »

KateR wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 5:25 pm
Kévin wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 4:59 pm Thanks. :)

I look an address...

Richard Dean Anderson
ICM Partners
9th Floor
Etats-Unis

Welcome to the Forum, Kévin.

RDA can read the messages in the "Fan Mail" section, but I don't know how often he does that.

Your ICM address is an old one, so I don't think you will have success sending a request there.

It was possible to get an autograph (but not a dedication) through Legends Canada, but that website has been down for some time and RDA asked me to remove the link. The last time someone from here tried to get a dedicated autograph through Legends, it took months to get any kind of response.

Honestly, I think your best solution is to find (perhaps through this Forum) another French fan who will be going to the convention in Lyon and who would be willing to wait in line to get an autograph for you, if you arrange to pay the costs.

Good luck!

Kate
Thanks. :)

I see, i don't know the difference of dedication and autograph.

Dedication, with my name?
Autograph, his unique signature?

it will be difficult here and it is better that i go myself but...

Edit:

In train:
70 euros (81 dollar)
Entry
15 euros (17 dollar)
Dedication
45 euros (52 dollard)

Aie... :( :(

He it makes no an dedication by letter? :(
bftlovesRDA

Post by bftlovesRDA »

Welcome to the rdanderson.com forum.

I don't know any answers to your questions. Others do.

Glad you are here. We have quite a few members from France. You should feel right at home.
B
KateR
Site Admin

Post by KateR »

Kévin wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 6:17 pm
I see, i don't know the difference of dedication and autograph.

Dedication, with my name?
Autograph, his unique signature?
If I understand you, yes.

Autograph = he signs his name
"Dedication" (we say "personalized") = he adds your name or a note ("To Kévin... Best wishes... etc.)
it will be difficult here and it is better that i go myself but...

Edit:

In train:
70 euros (81 dollar)
Entry
15 euros (17 dollar)
Dedication
45 euros (52 dollard)

Aie... :( :(

He it makes no an dedication by letter? :(
I understand. Conventions can be difficult and expensive. I wish there was an easier answer to your question.

Long ago, when people wrote to the MacGyver or Stargate studio, RDA used to sign autographs for FREE, and he personalized them so that people would not sell them on eBay.

When he left Stargate, there was no studio to handle autographs. Legends began selling the autographs, but they were not personalized.

At conventions, RDA is usually happy to give personalized autographs, but it is not always guaranteed. If the line is long, Paul will often tell people that personalization is not allowed. Still RDA will often agree to do it anyway, but it would be bad if you spent so much money for a big, crowded convention and were not able to get what you want. That was why I suggested that you save some money for the trip and ask if someone else at the convention can stand in line for you.

In some special occasions, it has been possible to request a personalized autograph by letter, but RDA does not usually have pictures at his home for signing, and it can be very difficult to get him to answer his mail. Many celebrities have a service (an office) to handle autographs for them. That is what Legends was supposed to do, but the Legends website has been closed for a long time, (and I believe they cost more than 45 euros), and as I said, the last time someone requested a personalized autograph from there they waited for months without any answer.

I wish I had a better answer for you! There is no promise, but you can TRY! :)

Kate
Kévin

Post by Kévin »

Thanks bftlovesRDA. :)

Ah yes? other members French, its beautiful!

KateR:

Thanks for the answer!

An autograph personalized, it is beautiful ( i'm looking for that), he is very kind. :)

Ah it's a pity that the studio does not manage any more autograph...

WHAT? The people resold autograph, It is crazy.... :shock: :shock: :o

Yes but, i look for an authograph personalized, only i has to obtain this me by me, it is personal and better. :)

Thank you for the help, otherwise I am going to wait that he returns in Paris, Paris is possible for me. ^^
Kévin

Post by Kévin »

Another question:

He often returns in France?

Sorry for my questions annoying... :?
tvero80

Post by tvero80 »

Kévin wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 7:28 pm Another question:

He often returns in France?

Sorry for my questions annoying... :?
He was in Toulouse in November 2016 , in Paris in February this year and will be in Lyon next September . We are very lucky he visits us so often ! I remember a member saying when she met him in the meet & greet that he wanted to come back to Paris (stayed one day only, it was very frustrating cause he didn't have much time to communicate with his fans …) but since he's coming to Lyon in September ... I really don't know what he'll do in the future,Kévin .