Sea Shepherd: Stop the Grindarap at Faroe islands

Anne

Sea Shepherd: Stop the Grindarap at Faroe islands

Post by Anne »

This a plea for help to those of you supporting Sea Shepherd and its stand against the whale slaughter at the Faroe Islands.

http://www.ekstrabladet.dk

This is from a Danish website and you have to scroll down, way down, until you get to this:

Skal grindedrabene på Færøerne stoppes?

Here you can vote to stop the slaughter. You won't have to register or anything, just vote 'ja'.

To get more information, look here

http://www.seashepherd.org/grindstop

Thank you!
Root

Re: Sea Shepherd: Stop the Grindarap at Faroe islands

Post by Root »

I saw that!!! What the fuck!!! Seriously... I cried when I saw that massacre.... Already signed up a petition. I really don't understand humanity sometimes... :( It drives me crazy. As that story with Cecil the famous Lion killed by a dentist just for fun... (damn he was from Minnesota.... ) :evil:
Anne

Post by Anne »

Thank you for responding. Yes, it's a shame and a crime ... I hope that some day a new generation of Faroe people will grow into understanding that this so called 'tradition' has long outlived its purpose. There is one point in this that disgusts me almost as much as the whale slaughter - whale meat is not healthy, it's full of mercury - so it's actually conterminated. And those people eat that and - what's even worse - let their kids eat it. This - even if you don't care about the whales or whether or not they live - this is irresponsible and short sighted and even (in my eyes) abusive. The Faroe people are not dependent on whale meat anymore. It's not like they HAVE to eat the whale meat to survive. And even if it is cheaper - who wants to feed their kids mercury meat? I'd go veggie before I'd do that or eat it myself.

But I know this isn't the place... so I won't go into this any further. Even though I think it would be nice to have a Sea Shepherd section on this board for those RDA fans who support Sea Shepherd. But I guess that's too political or controversal and I do understand that, too.
Kti

Post by Kti »

Thanks Anne for your encourage words. Maybe your're right that isn't the right place for political thoughts. Mr. Anderson sends us impulses for thinking. Think outside the box.
I was really shocked, when I saw the result of the voting. ... As you wrote, it's not the right place!
All of us admire him and I also mean, we need a Sea Shepherd thread here.
Anja

Post by Anja »

I signed as well but I agree with Anne that a Sea Shepherd thread isn't adequate here. There are so many organizations which do a lot for people (especially children!!!), tigers, pandas, apes and and and and and. Their films are as disgusting as the Grindarap and consequently as important.

I am convinced stuff like this should be discussed elsewhere, but everybody can join any organization to support the projects - I have supported the WWF for more than 30 years now.

But believe me, as long as money can buy almost anything, the next Cecil or bear or rhino will have to die as well. This is the real world!

ANJA :evil:
ANJA
CARPE DIEM Image