KatXander's cartoon archive

MacBeth

KatXander's cartoon archive

Post by MacBeth »

I've started hunting down KatXander's cartoon posts from the old forum, so that we don't lose them!

Here are the very first items, from June of 2008: prior to the introduction of DD and Dak, we have the development of Super Thunk Gear:

A few have been lost (that is, the image URLs no longer return anything).

Then we get to August of 2008, when RDA reported having lost his camera in the Arctic during filming for Continuum:

Kat's trip:

The Stargate Babies apparently made their first appearance at about this time, but I'm having a lot of trouble actually retrieving the Stargate Babies cartoons! They were actually posted by Sara Lorne, not by Kat, and ALL of Sara's links are broken. I'll keep digging. We can't let them be buried in the sands of the internet!
MacBeth

Re: KatXander's cartoon archive

Post by MacBeth »

October 2008: finally, some of the early cartoons with unbroken links! Danny was off to Egypt with Sara:

And Dak was headed for Scotland:
MacBeth

Post by MacBeth »

Now (fall 2008), we start getting the promo cartoons for the UK Live Chat (aka Wive Tat):

MacBeth

Post by MacBeth »

Lots of broken links here, with only a few items still showing:

Sara Lorne's "Pesky Kids" series wraps up:

Thanksgiving 2008:

New Year's Eve:

And that was 2008! I'm taking a break now before my eyes cross and get stuck that way.
KateR
Site Admin

Post by KateR »

MacBeth wrote:And that was 2008! I'm taking a break now before my eyes cross and get stuck that way.
Thanks for taking this over, Beth. I have spent the entire weekend trying to get the new Forum and the old Fan Mail running again (still working on the latter), doing more VHS-to-DVD conversions for the video section, and getting some pictures of RDA from Emerald City uploaded. I don't know when I would have gotten around to this!

(But according to my website host, they've tweaked something else, and the old Forum seems to be a bit more stable, so perhaps the archive can remain a little longer.)

Back to work...

Kate
MacBeth

Post by MacBeth »

Glad to help! :D

I've also been in touch with Pat-Kat, and not only did she give me her okay to repost from other sources when I find dead links -- she's actually going to send me whatever old files she has! (Once they're excavated, that is -- she moved house only a few months ago, and you know what that's like!)
MacBeth

Post by MacBeth »

Moving on into 2009, beginning with Rick’s birthday:

MacBeth

Post by MacBeth »

UK Live Chat 2009:

MacBeth

Post by MacBeth »

More from 2009! The mullets are adopted:

And I'm taking another break at this point. Wheee!
MysteryKnitter

Post by MysteryKnitter »

MacBeth wrote:I've started hunting down KatXander's cartoon posts from the old forum, so that we don't lose them!
The Stargate Babies apparently made their first appearance at about this time, but I'm having a lot of trouble actually retrieving the Stargate Babies cartoons! They were actually posted by Sara Lorne, not by Kat, and ALL of Sara's links are broken. I'll keep digging. We can't let them be buried in the sands of the internet!
I owe you a huge thanks for saving those! I edited them away from this note, but I saw them...and laughed sooo hard! And those mini-Jack's (not DD and Dak, this is not the same thing) adventures, I love them!
Best: MK