HOW CLOSE OR FAR AWAY ARE YOU FROM RICHARD ?

REAL-DRAMA-ANGEL

HOW CLOSE OR FAR AWAY ARE YOU FROM RICHARD ?

Post by REAL-DRAMA-ANGEL »

Hi Everyone ,
It,s the start of our long Easter Weekend here.We usually get some rain ,but the weatherman talking about mostly fine weekend let hope he,s right .I was watching the
news they were talking about California having a really dry spell ,When Richard was here last October he mention about how brown the country side was at home ,where it was so nice and green here . I understand what he mean now. California now starting Water Restriction is this the same area Richard Lives in . If so he,s not having a very good start to the year with Computer breaking down, now short showers as will .Its a good thing hes on the move soon (Things can only get better ) ;)
Where just started Autumn(Fall) here ,our clocks also go back an hour tomorrow night (daylight savings)
Richard As a Time -Maker i,am about 19 hours ahead of Richard time zone almost a whole day .(i live in the top half of the North Island Of New Zealand if you go pass Australia and see Penguins you have got to far that the South Pole back up a bit .How close or far away from Richard are you time wise ?
Also how the weather in your part of the World are you Starting Summer or Winter ? is it raining or fine,or a bit of both ? Are you having Daylight savings Adjustment as will ?
nicolemj@otenet.gr

Re: HOW CLOSE OR FAR AWAY ARE YOU FROM RICHARD ?

Post by nicolemj@otenet.gr »

Hi REAL-DRAMA-ANGEL

Interesting topic. I live in a suburb of Athens, Greece, and the weather here is beautiful, warm and sunny, most of the year. I'd say we almost have the same weather temperatures as they are in L.A. We are in the beginning of spring now, and the temperature starts increasing day by day. The Greek summer starts around May and lasts around the end of September. But also the rest of the months following, even if the summer has officially over, are relatively warm and the sun shines almost all year round. It rarely snows in Athens, and if it does, it will be for a short time.
Yes we also have daylight saving adjustments, as you do. Actually we moved our clocks an hour forward (due to daylight saving), last Sunday. We are ten hours behind Richard's time zone. For example, right now here is 4:00 p.m. in the afternoon, in Malibu is 6:00 a.m. in the morning. I often think of Rick what's he doing at a specific time of the day, when I'm thinking of the time difference.
frenchwriter

Post by frenchwriter »

Hi

France is further north than Greece. But it is a nice early spring.
In the south of France, we sometimes have a very strong wind ( mistral ) very cold despite the hot sun. It usually comes with 3.6 or 9 -day cycle after a big rain.
We are emerging from a period of 6 days of mistral ... Obviously, I have a cold now ...
It must be better now .Fruit trees are blooming.

And we change the time as the same time as Greece. I've 9 hours before of Richard. It is 2:00 PM in France and 5:00 AM to Los Angeles...
At home I have 3 clocks constantly before my eyes : time of France , Los Angeles time and time Minnesota ... ;) ;)

Have a nice day
Last edited by frenchwriter on Fri Apr 03, 2015 6:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
bftlovesRDA

Post by bftlovesRDA »

Hello to all. Nice topic. I'm in North Carolina, USA, (Southeast) so I am in EDT....3 hours ahead of California time. (It's 11:30 AM here now and it is 8:30 AM in Malibu).

We are also in early spring with all the Redbud trees blooming and the Dogwood trees getting ready to burst forth into bloom. It is beautiful here with 60 to 70 degree weather most days although this coming Sunday (Easter Sunday for us) it is going to start out cold - in the 30's - but warm up into the 60's later in the day.

I hope RDA is not experiencing this terrible drought that has taken hold to California, but he probably is....so sorry for that.

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend - whether it is Easter for you or whether Easter is later on - hope everyone has a good one! :D :D :D
B
Philippa M

Post by Philippa M »

n Perth, Western Australia... we're in the final months of what has been a wet winter, we don't get snow or major heavy weather storms like the folks over in the eastern states do. Today here in the suburb of East Cannington it is grey, cloudy with the chance of rain. Being probably one of the driest places on earth we need rain and our farmers up in th wheat belt, veggie and fruit growers and Gascoigne areas sheep, dairy etc need rain too OR the price of everything goes up.

Richard Dean Anderson is Macgyver! .... *my hearts duet*
Root

Post by Root »

Nice topic.

And funny to see we are all from around the world!
I live in the South West of France.
And It looks like (in some aspect) MN. I sometimes got that impression that i'm close to Duluth and Lake superior. Because we've got plenty of trees (also like some area in Vancouver I think), forests, and lakes (I so love them right now with this temperature).
Today is a hot day (makes me think about that sentence in SG1 episode where Daniel teaches english and a spanish guy says "You make me feel so hot"!Hilarious), it's 96.8F today... need to go into water. But we got fresh night.
During winter, we have sometimes snow.
And if i remember correctly i've got 7 hours between the US and here. So right now it's noon and should be 5:00am in LA.
Philippa M

Post by Philippa M »

Today is Thursday, the 6th of August.. the time is 6:35pm and I am about to put sausages and chips on for tea... according to BOM Perth residents will be shivering and wet over the next few days or so.

Saw snow just once on Mt Ruapehu.... never got to touch it... it was summer and 32 years ago.

Richard Dean Anderson is Macgyver! .... *my hearts duet*
Anja

Post by Anja »

Hi everybody around the world.
Today the temperature is up to 32° (degrees), they say tomorrow we will reach 40° - okay, next winter is sure to come!
We are about eight hours ahead from LA time I think most people there will get up right now.

My location is the north of Germany 17 miles south of Hamburg.

Have a nice day or night!

ANJA :) :) :) :) :) :) :)
ANJA
CARPE DIEM Image
pumuckl

Post by pumuckl »

Hello together,

I sit hear in the office and finished my work,.. the temperature 28° but my feeling says its more than 30° in the room....
Oh, I live in Switzerland near the "Zürichsee". I look at my watch and it`s 15.58 pm

To all of you around the world, good morning, good evening, good afternoon and good night, I hope I do not forgot something :D
PamK1950

Post by PamK1950 »

Hi, I live just south of Chicago and a few miles west of Indiana. We're three hours ahead of California. We're in the last stage of summer. It was a little cooler here today than last week (around 75°F). It's suppose be in the upper 80's for the next 10 days with rain on 8 of those days. The leaves on the trees should start turning colors in a few weeks. Autumn is my favorite time of year here with all the beautiful colors.

One thing nice about living in the Midwest, you aren't that far from either coast. It's about a 3 1/2 hour flight from Chicago to LA.
If you can't say anything nice.....