Translation Help German/English - English/German

Anne

Translation Help German/English - English/German

Post by Anne »

Hi,

I know I‘m not the most active member on this forum and I don‘t post much, but I‘ve been a member of the old forum as well (since 2003 I think) so I‘ve been around for a while. Over the last couple of years I noticed there are more and more German members on here. Some from Austria and Switzerland as well if I‘m correct.

Ich bin kein besonders aktives Mitglied in diesem Forum, also ich schreibe nicht sehr viel, aber ich war schon im alten Forum (seit 2003 denke ich) und bin schon seit einer ganzen Weile dabei. In den letzten paar Jahren ist mir aufgefallen das wir immer mehr deutsche Mitglieder haben, auch ein paar aus Österreich und der Schweiz wenn ich mich nicht irre.

I‘m from Germany, too, so English isn‘t my native language. However, I‘ve been writing fanfiction for ten years in English and it‘s like my second language by now. This year I want to get my CPE (Certificate of Proficency) in English and I want to work towards establishing some kind of self employed online translation service. I‘m not there yet, not by a long shot, but I need to start practicing. I‘m good with writing and reading in English, but need translation practice.

Ich bin selbst aus Deutschland und Englisch ist nicht meine Muttersprache. Ich schreibe allerdings schon seit zehn Jahren fanfiction in Englisch und inzwischen ist Englisch sowas wie meine zweite Sprache. Ich möchte in diesem Jahr mein CPE (Certificate of Proficency) in Englisch erwerben um dann irgendwann als Übersetzer zu arbeiten, vermutlich auf selbstständiger Basis. Es wird noch eine Weile dauern bis es soweit ist, aber ich würde gern Erfahrungen im Übersetzen sammeln. Ich schreibe und lese sehr viel in Englisch, brauche aber Übung im Übersetzen von Texten.

So, I would like to offer my help to those of you who have trouble expressing themselves in English or reading posts/replies to your posts etc. I can translate your posts from German to English or re-word them and even help with some grammar if you‘d like that. You can send me your posts via PM and I‘ll send it back corrected or translated. I can also translate RDA‘s notes (as far as possible since they are often a bit cryptic LOL) or any article/interview from the website‘s archive if anyone wants me to do that. I might not always be able to reply right away, but would do my best to get back to you as fast as possible, depending on how much time I‘ll have.

Please understand that I won‘t post any translated work openly on the net, so if you want me to translate anything please PM me and let me know what you want me to do for you. Of course you can share any translations privately, just please do not re-post them elsewhere with linking back to rdanderson.com since i‘m not ‚officially‘ translating, thank you.

Though I did ask Kate if it‘s okay to post this here and she gave me green light for that :)

Bitte habt Verständnis dafür das ich meine Übersetzungen nicht öffentlich im net poste, Ihr müßt mich also schon über PM anschreiben und mir sagen was Ihr übersetzt haben wollt und ich schicke Euch das Gewünschte entweder als PM zurück oder via e-mail als file wenn es sich um einen Artikel oder ein Interview handelt. Ihr könnt das natürlich gern untereinander teilen, nur bitte nicht öffentlich posten mit link zu rdanderson.com da ich nicht im offiziellen Auftrag arbeite sondern dies lediglich eine Hilfe für Fans ist

(ich hab sie aber gefragt ob ich das hier posten kann und habe grünes Licht bekommen :)).

So, I‘m happy to help if anyone is interested :) I am not a pro yet, so am not perfect, but I will try my best.

Ich würde wirklich gern helfen, falls Interesse besteht. Ich bin kein Profi, also nicht perfekt, aber ich werde mein Bestes geben.

:) Anne