New Job

Jemster

New Job

Post by Jemster »

Hi,

A couple of days ago I was offered a job at my local animal shelter cleaning kennels, feeding dogs, and helping out with adoptions. It's only 20 hours a week but it's with animals so that's a bonus and it's a job with the county. I do, however, want to keep my current job and hours so more than likely I'll have to switch departments which is okay. I start the animal care job on the 29th so I'm going to speak with my store manager on Monday to see what we can work out. Wish me luck!

Michelle
Annelies

Re: New Job

Post by Annelies »

Thumbs crossed for you Michelle!! Congrats!! Hope everything will work out fine!! ;) ;) ;)
Lots of love,

Lies

Jemster

Post by Jemster »

Annelies wrote:Thumbs crossed for you Michelle!! Congrats!! Hope everything will work out fine!! ;) ;) ;)
Thanks!

Michelle
bftlovesRDA

Post by bftlovesRDA »

Very best wishes to you, Michelle, for a great future with your new job! It sounds like something you will enjoy doing - being with the animals and especially helping out with adoptions. God bless you as you go into this new venture. I'm sure you will do very well! :D :D :D
B
Caty

Post by Caty »

That sounds great! To work with animals - best thing you ever can do.
They are so grateful, you'll never get that from people.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you, good luck!
"No matter how hard the past,
you can always begin again.
"

(Buddha)
Jemster

Post by Jemster »

bftlovesRDA wrote:Very best wishes to you, Michelle, for a great future with your new job! It sounds like something you will enjoy doing - being with the animals and especially helping out with adoptions. God bless you as you go into this new venture. I'm sure you will do very well! :D :D :D
Thanks! It's a small rural shelter but during my interview the person hiring was mentioning plans for new programs such as going to local schools and speaking about animals and their care so I'm excited to possibly be a part of that.

Michelle
Jemster

Post by Jemster »

Caty wrote:That sounds great! To work with animals - best thing you ever can do.
They are so grateful, you'll never get that from people.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you, good luck!
Thanks! I have a shirt that sums it up nicely, "My dog makes me happy. You, not so much." :-)

Here's a link to it: https://theanimalrescuesite.greatergood ... 78303531-1 - Unfortunately, only size in stock is 3XL which is very big but international shipping is available. :-)

Michelle
nicolemj@otenet.gr

Post by nicolemj@otenet.gr »

Congratulations Michelle on your new job. It sounds great working with animals. They're so appreciative and show all their love and gratitude in their pure eyes and they'll give you the best in return. GOOD LUCK, but I'm sure you'll do just fine.
Jemster

Post by Jemster »

nicolemj@otenet.gr wrote:Congratulations Michelle on your new job. It sounds great working with animals. They're so appreciative and show all their love and gratitude in their pure eyes and they'll give you the best in return. GOOD LUCK, but I'm sure you'll do just fine.
Thanks. :-) I know I'll do well. This is one of the few times I'm confident in my skills but I'm always open to learning how to do things better.

Michelle
Jemster

Post by Jemster »

Update on this. Long story short, boss at current job said no to giving me Sat/Sun off so I had to decline the second job but there's a twist. About a week or so ago I saw the Animal Control officer from the shelter while I was helping out another department at my current job. She said the person who had hired me left and they were in need of someone who could come in and help out. The job is up to 20 hours, I get to tell them when I'm able to come in - so I can work this job around the other, and it could possibly be more hours later on. It took a few months, but it ended up working out better than I could've hoped. Yay me! :-)

Michelle