What do you like/not like about individual RDA movies

bftlovesRDA

Re: What do you like/not like about individual RDA movies

Post by bftlovesRDA »

Any more comments from anyone re: "Through the Eyes of a Killer"?

If not, how about we discuss "Pandora's Clock". Can be found now at Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8hlReNarmpg&t=9s

(Is also on Youtube in segments).

There are two interviews- one with Jay Leno and RDA where they talk about this movie and other topics....https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EdYBMifQVFM and the other one with Kathie Lee and Regis = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLthpKlz5nE where they also talk about Pandora's Clock as well as mentioning the start of filming of Stargate.

So, what did you like / not like about Pandora's Clock......

To start, I like RDA in his Captain's uniform = white shirt is so nice.

What about you?
B
Juliette

Post by Juliette »

Hi everyone!
Sorry I'm late to the party! Haha

So my quick opinion about the movies:

In The Eyes of a Stranger :
Loved that movie! The story is great, RDA looks awesome in it, Jack Rourke is a very interesting character (and very well played)
I really enjoy watching it :)
I dislike beards in general but since it's Rick it's okay ;)

Through the Eyes of a Killer:
Not at all the kind of movies I usually watch, but Rick's in it so I had to watch it.
It's an interesting thriller, what I enjoy the most is simply looking at him and his perfect body :oops: ;)
The movie wouldn't have worked if I were the girl because I would never buy an apartment like that Haha That creepy eye in the window.. brrr....
Not my favorite movie but I like it
bftlovesRDA

Post by bftlovesRDA »

Juliette wrote: Mon Apr 02, 2018 3:35 pm Hi everyone!
Sorry I'm late to the party! Haha

So my quick opinion about the movies:

In The Eyes of a Stranger :
Loved that movie! The story is great, RDA looks awesome in it, Jack Rourke is a very interesting character (and very well played)
I really enjoy watching it :)
I dislike beards in general but since it's Rick it's okay ;)

Through the Eyes of a Killer:
Not at all the kind of movies I usually watch, but Rick's in it so I had to watch it.
It's an interesting thriller, what I enjoy the most is simply looking at him and his perfect body :oops: ;)
The movie wouldn't have worked if I were the girl because I would never buy an apartment like that Haha That creepy eye in the window.. brrr....
Not my favorite movie but I like it

You're not late = and your comments are very welcome.

Good synopsis of each movie = totally agree that RDA looks awesome in both Eyes of a Stranger and Eyes of a Killer.....totally true.

Thanks again for your comments on these two movies.

Whenever you want to comment on Pandora's Clock - please do. :D :D :D
B
bftlovesRDA

Post by bftlovesRDA »

I watched Pandora's Clock again to get a fresh take on it.

Once again, RDA does not disappoint. He looks so good and sounds so good in this movie, even though we don't see him "moving" very much since he is in the cockpit of the jet most of the time. He does get in a good punch to an obnoxious passenger that was an enjoyable scene. And he looks good in the final scenes in his civilian clothes.

The possibly deadly virus was bad enough = then came the "shoot down" attempt which made this a terrifically tense movie plot with RDA being the heroic pilot (how did he possibly land that plane and take off again with one or more engines out?). The passengers applauded him once during the episode but I would have thought they would have applauded him again at the end of the movie for saving their lives.

Was glad he and Rachel got married. Figured they would. The ending sounded ominous and called for a follow up movie, IMHO.

I guess the whole premise of the movie is believable. What was amazing in addition to the heroic actions of Captain James Holland was the spaciousness of the airliner cabin as compared to today's airliners. How far we have come in terms of spaciousness on our jets.....

Overall, thought the movie was a good one, full of suspense and intrigue and heroism by our RDA. As usual, his performance was excellent. Also his co-stars and guest stars did a great job too.
B
NiLa

Post by NiLa »

First of all I'd like to say I like Pandora's Clock a lot. It is one of my favourite movies.

The movie is thrilling, has three plotlines that start differently and get closer and closer to each other until they meet.

The first plotline is the situation on board the airplane, the second the situation at the CIA centre, the third the assassin in his plane.

In the interviews RDA did before airing of the movie he seemed sometimes kind of mocking about the movie. In my opinion he needed not to.
He mentioned, that they had every aspect of a disaster movie in it. Yes, they had, but that was also in the novel, the movie is based on.

The movie is a great piece of entertainment, and his performance was very good and convincing as always.

Captain James Holland is a good character. He is the kind of man you want to have in the cockpit during a crisis. Calm, experienced and a damn good pilot. A little maverick, so he does not always act by the book, that makes him sympathetic.
How he simulated the plain going down after the first missile hit the plane was really cool, making the assassin think, the plane would crash.
A breathtaking scene!

I didn't like the ending completely. Yes, a happy end for James Holland and Rachel (the ambassador's assistant), they got married. But in the very end you get to know, that the flight assistant Barb died, obviously of the mysterious virus. That this happened 6 months after the whole incident makes you think, that maybe the virus has mutated....needs longer to activate or something. Maybe even all the passangers and the flight crew are infected too....who knows. I am really not fond of those open endings....

I have read the novel Pandora's Clock by John J. Nance, the novel the movie is based on, too.
It is a very good book, I can recommend reading it. The movie is very close to the novel, sometimes you can even find the dialogues in the movie again.

So, my conclusion: GREAT GREAT MOVIE!

I hope, many of you will also give their opinion about the movie, I am curious to read your comments.

Anja ;)
Walk in love, walk in service, and you will walk in honor.
MacGyver
....by doing so our world will be better each day...
Anja ;)
bftlovesRDA

Post by bftlovesRDA »

NiLa wrote: Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:47 pm First of all I'd like to say I like Pandora's Clock a lot. It is one of my favourite movies.

The movie is thrilling, has three plotlines that start differently and get closer and closer to each other until they meet.

The first plotline is the situation on board the airplane, the second the situation at the CIA centre, the third the assassin in his plane.

In the interviews RDA did before airing of the movie he seemed sometimes kind of mocking about the movie. In my opinion he needed not to.
He mentioned, that they had every aspect of a disaster movie in it. Yes, they had, but that was also in the novel, the movie is based on.

The movie is a great piece of entertainment, and his performance was very good and convincing as always.

Captain James Holland is a good character. He is the kind of man you want to have in the cockpit during a crisis. Calm, experienced and a damn good pilot. A little maverick, so he does not always act by the book, that makes him sympathetic.
How he simulated the plain going down after the first missile hit the plane was really cool, making the assassin think, the plane would crash.
A breathtaking scene!

I didn't like the ending completely. Yes, a happy end for James Holland and Rachel (the ambassador's assistant), they got married. But in the very end you get to know, that the flight assistant Barb died, obviously of the mysterious virus. That this happened 6 months after the whole incident makes you think, that maybe the virus has mutated....needs longer to activate or something. Maybe even all the passangers and the flight crew are infected too....who knows. I am really not fond of those open endings....

I have read the novel Pandora's Clock by John J. Nance, the novel the movie is based on, too.
It is a very good book, I can recommend reading it. The movie is very close to the novel, sometimes you can even find the dialogues in the movie again.

So, my conclusion: GREAT GREAT MOVIE!

I hope, many of you will also give their opinion about the movie, I am curious to read your comments.

Anja ;)

Thanks Anja for this discussion of Pandora's Clock. You love the movie = I love it too! For all the reasons you give.

The part about the attempted shoot down of the Passenger Jet was, to me, totally awesome.....and it showed Captain James Holland's amazing skills as a pilot.

And, I agree - I am not fond of the ending either.....unless there were to be a follow up movie to take care of that potential "loose end' of the death of the flight stewardess 6 months later.

Once again, RDA was brilliant in a movie that, while it was a made for TV movie, was a very very good one,IMHO.

Let's hear from others on their take on Pandora's Clock. Thanks for yours.
B
bftlovesRDA

Post by bftlovesRDA »

Doesn't look like we will be getting any more discussion of Pandora's Clock. If someone wants to post some more about that movie, please do.

What about a discussion of "Beyond Betrayal"?

You can watch that movie here on Kate's website under Video Gallery / Movies.

Or you can watch it on youtube at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=htW6QQ7Iccc

Another "bad guy" movie for RDA.

What did you think about it?
B
Juliette

Post by Juliette »

I enjoyed watching Pandora's Clock
It has a great story, worthy of a big hollywod blockbuster!
Captain Holland is very good at his job and knows perfectly how to handle this tense situation...
And he did save the day while looking extremely good in this white shirt :D
One negative point for me would be the open ending... I don't really like movies that leave you hungry for more when there's not gonna be a sequel. I'm always like "What happens next? I wanna see how the characters evolve after that... give me more!" Haha

Beyond Betrayal was a good movie, but Bradley is such an odious character... :(
I had trouble figuring out what I enjoyed and what I didn't while watching the movie, because it's so hard to hate a character when you love the actor playing the role... I know sometimes you just enjoy the villain of a movie more than the good guys, but Bradley is so evil :shock: I mean.. he does such unforgivable stuff.. :?
So I watch this movie for his good looks (as always ;) ) and because Rick played Bradley so well.. he really pulled off his dark side for this one.. really impressive work!
bftlovesRDA

Post by bftlovesRDA »

Juliette wrote: Sun Apr 08, 2018 2:09 pm
Beyond Betrayal was a good movie, but Bradley is such an odious character... :(
I had trouble figuring out what I enjoyed and what I didn't while watching the movie, because it's so hard to hate a character when you love the actor playing the role... I know sometimes you just enjoy the villain of a movie more than the good guys, but Bradley is so evil :shock: I mean.. he does such unforgivable stuff.. :?
So I watch this movie for his good looks (as always ;) ) and because Rick played Bradley so well.. he really pulled off his dark side for this one.. really impressive work!
I agree with everything Juliette said about "Beyond Betrayal." All of RDA's movies are good ones. So this is no exception. But I found this movie hard to watch - harder to watch even than "Through the Eyes of a Killer" because I really hate abusive spouses in real life....(of course I hate murderers in real life too but for some reason Beyond Betrayal's subject matter was just tougher for me to watch). RDA did another excellent job of acting because he came across as the brutal and evil character that he was supposed to be in this movie. I kept hoping there would be a redeeming factor in Bradley's character, but for me, there wasn't. He claimed he loved his wife and I am sure at one time he did and I am also sure that in some sick twisted way he did even up until the end. But I just loathed Bradley - a testament to how well RDA portrayed that character. The fact that Bradley was a cop made his character that much more evil. Susan Dey was very convincing as her character also. With this movie and Through the Eyes of a Killer = RDA established himself as the supreme actor that he is, being that he demonstrated so well that he can portray an evil person so well and so opposite of his most famous roles and so opposite of his real life persona. Also, even in this role, RDA looked good (does he ever NOT look good?). And, like Juliette, I watch this movie to see RDA's good looks - probably the only redeeming factor in this entire movie for me. I just do not enjoy the subject matter.

B
louby1980

Post by louby1980 »

I absolutely love Through The Eyes of a Killer .Marj is great in it and of course RDA is damn fine in it....I always love him when he plays a bad guy..Its a break from him playing the Mr Nice Guy persona. :D :D