What do you like/not like about individual RDA movies

bftlovesRDA

Re: What do you like/not like about individual RDA movies

Post by bftlovesRDA »

We can discuss a different movie (instead of Firehouse)......Let's discuss the very intense movie: "Through the Eyes of a Killer" - which can be viewed on youtube at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Enevxnnn114&t=3003s.

If you haven't seen this movie before, warning = it is creepy scary in many ways so if you don't like those kinds of movies, don't watch this one.

We are discussing it because RDA is in it.

Please watch the movie and provide your comments on this thread. All opinions are welcome.

I'll chime in later with mine.

Oh, and if you haven't seen it, and if you are interested, there is a short interview with RDA about this movie at
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNLDgdMf0RY.
B
eurmos

Post by eurmos »

I definitely will not complain about the fact that RDA wore a lot of tank tops (or less) showing some skin. 😊
Beth
MacGyverGod

Post by MacGyverGod »

In The Eyes Of Stranger. Always thought that was another never aired before Mac episode. This is still so Mac. Mac with a beard. I have seen Through The Eyes of a Killer years ago, don't remember much, only he was the bad guy. Maybe this one comes close to an erotic thriller as I remember he was interested in the female lead and offered to rebuild her house. The last one I've seen of RDA in another role was Pandora's Clock but again years ago and it was the cut version. I've seen the extended as well and I would really like to see this one released on dvd. Plenty of MacGyver guest actors in it as well: Jesse Colton as the co-pilot, Jonathan from Easy Target, Mr Lawton/Reuter/Foxworth and Mary Ruth Giordano amongst others.

Actually RDA's filmography is not that great. He benefit greatly from his years on MacGyver and the long SG-1 run but he never starred in any major blockbusters, always these tv-movies. They're usually not very popular, famous or bring in the big bucks. TV-movies don't have a great reputation. Of course, I respect his choice of projects but lots of them, I have never even seen them getting aired in recent years. Maybe like really once. I don't remember the Mac-movies being aired after the original broadcasting I recorded.

If there was like one movie I really thought he would be great in it would've been Hachi: A Dog's Tale. I really hope he would make a dog-movie someday. I think that would still be possible if he would agree to do so.
Sometimes you just have to die a little inside to be reborn and rise again as a stronger and wiser version of you.
bftlovesRDA

Post by bftlovesRDA »

MacGyverGod wrote: Tue Mar 27, 2018 10:20 pm In The Eyes Of Stranger. Always thought that was another never aired before Mac episode. This is still so Mac. Mac with a beard. I have seen Through The Eyes of a Killer years ago, don't remember much, only he was the bad guy. Maybe this one comes close to an erotic thriller as I remember he was interested in the female lead and offered to rebuild her house. The last one I've seen of RDA in another role was Pandora's Clock but again years ago and it was the cut version. I've seen the extended as well and I would really like to see this one released on dvd. Plenty of MacGyver guest actors in it as well: Jesse Colton as the co-pilot, Jonathan from Easy Target, Mr Lawton/Reuter/Foxworth and Mary Ruth Giordano amongst others.

Actually RDA's filmography is not that great. He benefit greatly from his years on MacGyver and the long SG-1 run but he never starred in any major blockbusters, always these tv-movies. They're usually not very popular, famous or bring in the big bucks. TV-movies don't have a great reputation. Of course, I respect his choice of projects but lots of them, I have never even seen them getting aired in recent years. Maybe like really once. I don't remember the Mac-movies being aired after the original broadcasting I recorded.

If there was like one movie I really thought he would be great in it would've been Hachi: A Dog's Tale. I really hope he would make a dog-movie someday. I think that would still be possible if he would agree to do so.
Hi MacGyverGod = appreciate your comments. I too wish that RDA had been in some major films = he deserved to be. He is a better actor than lots of the guys who are the "big" movie stars. But the movies he was in = all together make a good filmography for him, IMHO. I just wish he had been in more of them. He could still be in a movie if he only would do that and your idea of a dog movie is a great one!

Yes, In the Eyes of a Killer is definitely an erotic thriller. More comments on that movie are welcome.

Did you like "In the Eyes of a Stranger"? Or what about it didn't you like?

(We will be discussing "Pandora's Clock" next -would be happy to read your comments on that movie too. Agree that I would like to be able to have a DVD of Pandora's Clock also.)

Thanks for your comments. :D :D :D :D
B
bftlovesRDA

Post by bftlovesRDA »

eurmos wrote: Tue Mar 27, 2018 7:55 pm I definitely will not complain about the fact that RDA wore a lot of tank tops (or less) showing some skin. 😊
:D :D :oops: :oops: :D :D Totally agree with you eurmos!
B
bftlovesRDA

Post by bftlovesRDA »

Examples of what Eurmos said..... :D :D :D

B
MacGyverGod

Post by MacGyverGod »

bftlovesRDA wrote: Wed Mar 28, 2018 1:27 am
MacGyverGod wrote: Tue Mar 27, 2018 10:20 pm In The Eyes Of Stranger. Always thought that was another never aired before Mac episode. This is still so Mac. Mac with a beard. I have seen Through The Eyes of a Killer years ago, don't remember much, only he was the bad guy. Maybe this one comes close to an erotic thriller as I remember he was interested in the female lead and offered to rebuild her house. The last one I've seen of RDA in another role was Pandora's Clock but again years ago and it was the cut version. I've seen the extended as well and I would really like to see this one released on dvd. Plenty of MacGyver guest actors in it as well: Jesse Colton as the co-pilot, Jonathan from Easy Target, Mr Lawton/Reuter/Foxworth and Mary Ruth Giordano amongst others.

Hi MacGyverGod = appreciate your comments. I too wish that RDA had been in some major films = he deserved to be. He is a better actor than lots of the guys who are the "big" movie stars. But the movies he was in = all together make a good filmography for him, IMHO. I just wish he had been in more of them. He could still be in a movie if he only would do that and your idea of a dog movie is a great one!

Yes, In the Eyes of a Killer is definitely an erotic thriller. More comments on that movie are welcome.

Did you like "In the Eyes of a Stranger"? Or what about it didn't you like?

(We will be discussing "Pandora's Clock" next -would be happy to read your comments on that movie too. Agree that I would like to be able to have a DVD of Pandora's Clock also.)

Thanks for your comments. :D :D :D :D
I don't think I ever saw In The Eyes Of A Stranger and if I did, it must've been at least 20 years ago. Same for Through The Eyes Of A Killer. Pandora's Clock has been at least ten years ago.
Sometimes you just have to die a little inside to be reborn and rise again as a stronger and wiser version of you.
bftlovesRDA

Post by bftlovesRDA »

I don't think I ever saw In The Eyes Of A Stranger and if I did, it must've been at least 20 years ago. Same for Through The Eyes Of A Killer. Pandora's Clock has been at least ten years ago.
You can watch all 3 movies on YouTube now if you want to do that. I have rewatched each of these movies several times. I also like to read the comments of the viewers on youtube. Some I agree with and, of course, some I don't. To each his own.

In The Eyes of a Stranger = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1u4LJLXpEQ&t=253s

Through the Eyes of a Killer = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Enevxnnn114&t=1950s

Pandora's Clock = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8hlReNarmpg

(Pandora's Clock is also on Youtube in segments starting with https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ir6j8hA4sMY&t=11s)

If you (and/or others) have time to watch any of these and to comment on any of them here, it would be great to read your (and/or their) comments. :D :D :D
B
Jerseycoconut

Post by Jerseycoconut »

Hello,
Watched "Eyes of a Killer" for the first time. Thought it was quite good for being 30 years old. Without a whole lot of blood & gore, it kept tension up & me guessing , almost to the end.
Who was this handsome guy who was into '50 shades of gray -extreme''? That wasn't darlin' cuddly Mac!
What depth he had to go to, to pull that character out? What a great job of acting. Must have been exhausting.
There was just enough 'come on baby', for women to keep trusting & believing - till the end!
If I'd have had a date with RDA after watching the movie, I would have cancled it! And, kept my ears to the walls all night! :D :twisted: :lol:

Can't wait till the next movie!
Jerseycoconut
bftlovesRDA

Post by bftlovesRDA »

Jerseycoconut wrote: Thu Mar 29, 2018 4:47 pm Hello,
Watched "Eyes of a Killer" for the first time. Thought it was quite good for being 30 years old. Without a whole lot of blood & gore, it kept tension up & me guessing , almost to the end.
Who was this handsome guy who was into '50 shades of gray -extreme''? That wasn't darlin' cuddly Mac!
What depth he had to go to, to pull that character out? What a great job of acting. Must have been exhausting.
There was just enough 'come on baby', for women to keep trusting & believing - till the end!
If I'd have had a date with RDA after watching the movie, I would have cancled it! And, kept my ears to the walls all night! :D :twisted: :lol:

Can't wait till the next movie!
Jerseycoconut
So glad you watched this movie, Through the Eyes of a Killer, and, yes, it definitely kept tension up throughout. The music itself was creepy as was RDA's character, Ray. Totally agree = what a great job of acting!!!! And despite it all, he looked pretty good too in a sinister kind of way.

Thanks very much for your comments.

Anyone who has seen this movie (Through the Eyes of a Killer) and who wants to add your comments to the discussion, please do so.

The next movie I thought we could look at is "Pandora's Clock". https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8hlReNarmpg

Enjoy!
B