Eyes of a Killer

CMac

Eyes of a Killer

Post by CMac »

I just finished watching this, and OMG! :o :shock: I am still shaking with adrenaline! I will probably have nightmares for a week, but it was worth it. ;)

I loved the homage to Hitchcock--using Tippi Hendren was a nice touch (yes, I may be a youngun', but I love my classic films). RDA was brilliant as the next Ted Bundy, playing the charming psychopath perfectly. *shivers*. This movie reminded me of Devil in the White City. Has anyone read that? It was about a very charismatic, handsome killer that built a hotel to attract women visiting the Chicago World's Fair in 1893. He murdered them in a similar way, using his hotel as a fortress to store all his creepy secrets. I always thought RDA could play that character too, and this man was real, which makes it all the more disturbing.

Anyway, that's my brief review. I had to say I loved it, thought RDA was hot (as usual), and his performance was so realistic. Definitely one of his more underrated gems. :D
bftlovesRDA

Re: Eyes of a Killer

Post by bftlovesRDA »

Good review. I don't know "The Devil in the White City" - but it sounds very creepy especially since it is of a real person.

RDA's portrayal of the psychopath in "Through The Eyes of a Killer is, in my opinion, one of his best. I don't particularly like horror films so when I first watched it, I was not a big fan of it. But now I have seen it several times and I love his acting and just his "hotness" in this film. (I can't talk about this movie without posting some photos.....)

B
Caty

Post by Caty »

bftlovesRDA wrote:(I can't talk about this movie without posting some photos.....)

Nobody cares, I guess :lol: :lol:

"No matter how hard the past,
you can always begin again.
"

(Buddha)
bftlovesRDA

Post by bftlovesRDA »

Thanks for the additional photos from Through the Eyes of a Killer, Caty.

Here are a few more:

And some of the creepier screenshots:

B
Caty

Post by Caty »

Creepy Image

But thanks :D
"

(Buddha)
bftlovesRDA

Post by bftlovesRDA »

You're welcome. Yes, very creepy those last ones. How he could be that as a movie character when he is so NOT creepy in real life - shows what a good actor he is.
B
CMac

Post by CMac »

Ooo photos! That makes it even better! :D Thanks for posting!

Even though this movie scared the heck out of me, I will probably watch it again today. As you could tell by my first post, I loved it.

Did anyone else feel a little sorry for his character? A part of him seemed more like a sad, messed-up guy that was almost "possessed" by forces beyond his control, which reminded me of Amityville Horror (again, another creepy true story where a man killed his family in the house and then the new owner almost felt driven to do the same thing to his family). Then again, he was so smooth and manipulative that's how he would probably want you to feel before he lured you into a trap--again, like Ted Bundy did. Also, along with the Hitchcock theme running through this movie, there was definitely some references to Psycho--the mother obsession, the shower scene, the spooky angles in which the apartment was shot. I may be reading too much into it for a TV movie, but I can't help myself. I was a Lit major and took a film studies class. ;) Overall excellent film, made more so by the exquisite Mr. RDA himself! :oops:
bftlovesRDA

Post by bftlovesRDA »

CMac wrote:Ooo photos! That makes it even better! :D Thanks for posting!

Even though this movie scared the heck out of me, I will probably watch it again today. As you could tell by my first post, I loved it.

Did anyone else feel a little sorry for his character? A part of him seemed more like a sad, messed-up guy that was almost "possessed" by forces beyond his control, which reminded me of Amityville Horror (again, another creepy true story where a man killed his family in the house and then the new owner almost felt driven to do the same thing to his family). Then again, he was so smooth and manipulative that's how he would probably want you to feel before he lured you into a trap--again, like Ted Bundy did. Also, along with the Hitchcock theme running through this movie, there was definitely some references to Psycho--the mother obsession, the shower scene, the spooky angles in which the apartment was shot. I may be reading too much into it for a TV movie, but I can't help myself. I was a Lit major and took a film studies class. ;) Overall excellent film, made more so by the exquisite Mr. RDA himself! :oops:
Well, I didn't exactly feel sorry for RDA's character (Ray) since he ended up being so vicious. But I did wonder how things would have been different if the woman character (Laurie) had not rejected him. What I mainly felt was just the magnetic personality of Ray drawing Laurie into his "innocent" web even though throughout the movie we know things are going to get pscycho-like....at least I did. The music was enough to tip us off to that fact. And that apartment - from the start - made us know the creepiness was going to be to the max. Then there was the first "sexual attack" scene......oh well - that tipped us off to how this was going to go.

I can't put into words exactly what draws me to this film except as you say the exquisite Mr. RDA himself. I watched it again the other night and it never gets old. It is really a "hot" film in so many ways. :oops: :oops: :oops:

Here are a few more screencaps from it just because I love looking at him despite his creepiness. I leave out the steamier ones. Just the ones of Ray/RDA. :D :D

B
Caty

Post by Caty »

Thanks for the screencaps, B

It's amazing how he can change his expressions from the nice and friendly guy to the creepy frightening character!
"

(Buddha)
CMac

Post by CMac »

He has one of the most expressive faces I have ever seen--his eyes, too. A good actor can act with his eyes, and RDA does that well.